Thanks for your suggestion steves. I did setup my system with the Radio Shack SPL meter. I set mains to -3, center to -2, surrounds to -1. However, what I noticed is the center did not seem as noticeable, especially in DTS. Maybe this is good, but I could calibrate the speakers on my Yamaha and the center was a lot more apparent. Maybe I need to work with the distance settings some more. I have my mains at 12 feet, center at 10 feet and surrounds at 9 feet. The Yamaha had setting called center delay which virtually moved the center back a foot for every millisecond adjustment. This seemed to have a large effect on the presence of the center speaker. I will experiment and let you know. If anyone has a good definition of what the distance settings are for other than calculating the delay I would like to hear.

One other thought. I did calibrate my speakers with my Yamaha differently when using the pink noise test tones vs the Avia setup disk. I found that the Avia disk was more accurate because it was actually playing from the source I would be using, not a generated tone from the receiver. I wonder if the Model 950 tones will calibrate differently from Avia. I will let you know.

Scott