I've mentioned the small problem with hiss that I have in other threads, and my comments about the ergonomically challenged remote (IMO). Figured I'd put a positive comment about sound quality somewhere.

Listening to the remixed disc of the 2-CD remastered Machine Head by Deep Purple tonight. Not "critical" listening, just relaxin' at the end of the day with some good tunes, reading the newspaper. Highway Star power ups (if you're familiar with how the song begins), and all of the sudden, I hear a clicking noise coming predominantly out of my right speaker. I'm thinking, Jeez, is my DVD player skipping? Is the 950 skipping? I listen some more, and discover that the "clicking" is the actual sound of the drum stick as it hits that "step" cymbal. (You know, the cymbal that you also control with your foot. "Hi hat" ?) Not the cymbal crash itself, but the drum stick *hitting* the cymbal. I was really amazed. A 30 year recording, and I could hear that amount of detail. I was smiling.

I don't know, maybe the 5th or 6th time I've listened to this disc. Never noticed the clicking with my prior setup: Sony TA-E9000ES + Pioneer DV-05. But heard this time with the 950 and the 45a.

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!