Hi everyone,

I'm seriously considering getting the 950. My question here deals ONLY with bass management for the MULTI CHANNEL INPUTS (I have a Sony 222ES SACD player which is my main source). I have been thinking how to use my existing speakers and want to get feedback for the solution I have arrived at.

I have four Polk LSi9s and the LSiC for the front, back, and center speakers. These go down cleanly to 50Hz. They also discard lower frequencies without getting upset so they're fine with full range inputs, which is how I want to use them. Therefore, I won't turn on the "Analog Bass Management" switch on the back of the 950 (which would otherwise cut them off at 80Hz).

I also have an old Velodyne F1200 12" powered sub. It doesn't have an unfiltered LFE input, so its crossover is always in the circuit. I can't connect it to the 950's sub out jack because:

1. I would then have 2 crossovers in the signal path, and, much more importantly,

2. I would have the double-bass problem as the 950 sends everything below 80Hz to the sub out.

What I want to do is use a splitter cable from the 950's Front Left/Right outputs and connect the Velodyne there in parallel with the multichannel amp (probably a 755). I'd set the sub's low-pass filter at about 50Hz so that it blends well with the Polks. I have the Sony SACD player's very basic bass management set to Front-Large, Subwoofer-None to make sure I'm getting the necessary signal at the 950's Front Left/Right outputs.

That's it--hope this was reasonably clear. Any comments would be appreciated!

PS The state of analog bass management is a sad one. I looked at the Rotel 1066 and it seems even worse than the 950?