Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#4265 - 07/06/03 12:06 AM less than one month and the speakers all shut down
obiron Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Okay, I'll admit that I'm a newbie and my technical accumin is not up to current standards (or my spelling).

I have been really happy with this system since I've had it set up - until this evening, naturally a Saturday when I can't get a hold of any of the Outlaws. Anyway, everything has been working perfectly until this evening.
I had just switched to the Aux input to play some vinyl when all of the speakers suddenly are not working. Checked all the I/Os and setup and everything looks fine except for two items; the speaker test readout does not cycle through the speaker outputs and the Modes will only switch between Stereo and Phantom. This is consistant no matter what mode I am now in. Yes, I have tried it with all of my inputs and I did check the mute button.
I currently have it unplugged although I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the power over a period of 20 minutes.

Any thoughts??

#4266 - 07/06/03 12:16 AM Re: less than one month and the speakers all shut down
obiron Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Excuse me, but it's late and two of the last sentences should have read, "This is consistant no matter what source I am using. Yes, I have tried it with all of my inputs and I did check the mute button."

#4267 - 07/06/03 04:30 AM Re: less than one month and the speakers all shut down
Time_Stands_Still Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Hi.

Ok you plugged your turntable into the 'AUX' input. You did not say whether it was a direct connection or through a seperate 'phono preamp'. I do not want to insult you, so please do not take this wrong. Are you aware that you will need a 'phono preamp' to play vinyl through your 1050? The output on a phono cartridge is many times lower than a regular source connection. When you plugged your turntable into the AUX button, did you notice that you had to turn the VOLUME WAY UP! to hear anything? If so I am assuming that maybe your amp went into some type of protection mode and shut down... I don't know. But you say that you get no sound not even from say a CD/DVD player switching to those inputs?

Now I am not sure if the 1050 does this , but many receivers when you select TAPE ( TAPE 1 etc.) engages a monitor loop, this means that it does not switch from another source ( say cd or aux) but engages the in and out loop throughs of the TAPE input so that you can make a cassette tape recording ( and if your casseete deck was a 3head type be able to hear the tape itself as it records ) Now maybe if this is a feature on the 1050, you may have engaed 'TAPE' and this will give you NO SOUND even if you switch to say CD, AUX, VCR etc. If this is so on the 1050, carefully turn your volume down and push the 'Tape' input once, then switch to a cd/dvd as it is playing to hear for sound, if not hit the 'tape' button again and the recheck by turning the volume up slightly for the cd/dvd playback. As I said I am not sure if the 1050 has this type of tape monitor loop through, but if it does it would not be the first time a person could not get sound from other sources. I hope my post has not confused you. If this does not work and unplugging your receiver to reset its internals does not help, well I am at a loss.

GOOD LUCK!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 212 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM