….I should not be posting today as I am in one of those ‘fey’ moods of mine.
Allrighty then …But….my point being most issues center on the remote interface software, and I never met a remote yet, that it was not an issue of myself adjusting to it. The day they can produce a remote which ‘knows what I’m thinking’ and what I want…. and reacts …I’ll be the first to buy it…(and I think my husband might try using a gismo that could do this to some other nefarious purposes)
What I seem to notice is that several of the other competitors had ‘issues’ immediately after there own release (in a shorter timeframe than the 950 has been out for now) during that time running into one (or more)‘issues’ requiring fixes immediately. Other than hiss, documented to be a problem in some systems while not factoring in most, and an issue not at all uncommon across the board in other brands/other setups the 950 has had no real ‘issues’. I (and many others) have had adequate time to run it through its various paces in our various systems whether we are into 2-channel/HT/SACD/DVD-A’s/ ICBM’s etc.. Why should I suddenly expect it to develop issues at this point? The are far too many unsettled variables coming up in the industry right now for me to care whether or not the Outlaw is ‘upgradable’ it does exactly what I want it to do now. Particularly when you factor the cost of many proposed or offered upgrades on the market and the fact that NO ONE knows for sure if any pre-pro/receiver, is by any stretch of the imagination truly future proofed.

By the time the Outlaw needs an upgrade…the next latest leap forward in SP mode, something which really has a net quality advantage over currently marketed technology (DP11 as compared to DPL). I will be in a MUCH better position to jump on it, if I feel I just have to have it…because I have less invested in the Outlaw.