Quote:
Do you remember the "wattage wars" where the Federal Trade Commission had to step in and legislate a standard method whereby all manufacturers had to adhere to a standard measurement of power output?

I do, - seen the history, have to shamefacedly admit I don’t have the math ability down on voltage etc, to decipher for myself which scale a manufacture is using which can weight S/N or Sensitivity specs etc. - one direction or the other. I am aware that specs can be selectively leaned using different baselines, and rely on snitching all of your translations on these topics at the moment.

I have no patience for math, if I ever got into physics and came up with a theory like ‘Relativity’ I’d have to do as Einstein, and toddle over to a fellow mathematician to have it converted into algebraic language.

Since the Outlaw is often described by users familiar with many systems as transparent. Is it possible (as there has been some theorizing in the forum) that certain 950’s might be sensitive to system structure that it could follow that Outlaw when measuring their own factory setups did register those specs? Just a thought?

I’m sure Outlaw contracted with Eastech to get it perfect, wanting it so does not make it so. What do you do when your Eastech sales rep calls you and says…our engineers’ state we have certain minor problems, which will slow our estimated schedule, but we reassure you we are working on resolutions round the clock. They can monitor Eastech all they like….it still won’t stop problems from arising, and at that stage of working with an OEM, you just deal with the issues, not throw the baby with the bathwater.
I also would imagine (just a guess) that there were moments Outlaw would have happily shot Eastech down in front of the proverbial saloon. I know several front sales/account managers myself who tend towards rosy colored projections, but to borrow a phrase I laughed at from Lonesome Dove..."A plank wall won't stop a bullet but a *dentist will”. (insert sale rep/engineers here *) I bet Outlaw would have loved retiring to drown their troubles in great quantities of margaritas (if said saloon was in Texas).
One of the two most popular myths surrounding the history of ‘margarita’ attributes it to a Texas socialite who served it first at a party she threw in Acapulco on vacation, the concoction quickly gained popularity in her home state. …gee…it can be nice sometimes to live in Texas.