Bosso:

Whenever you see something that has a "dbV" after it, they are referencing 1 volt. Whenever they have a 'dbu' after it, they are referencing .775v _unloaded_. If it says "dbm", it is referencing .775v into 600 ohms, or 1 milliwatt. It is possible to go from banalnced to umbalanced without a converter. To go from balanced to umbalanced, take your output from pins 2&3 of an XLR, and ignore the ground wire on pin 1. To go from unbalanced to balanced, ground one pin (usually pin 3) and inject the signal into pin 2 (hot) and pin 1(ground). There is a 6db level difference in the balanced to unbalanced translation, but this may or may not be an issue, gain wise. If it is, then you will need a balanced to unbalanced and vice versa translator. -10dbv is about 320 millivolts. +4dbu is 1.23 volts. The difference between these two is 11.8db.

I _Still_ think Outlaw dropped the ball - it just sticks in my craw when marketing types play fast and loose with the truth. Controlled lieing. Yes, most people are happy. Great! _BUT_ I think they should take into account _all_ their customers, not just "98-99%".

Saul Marantz did. Frank McIntosh did. Avery Fisher did. Rudy Bozak did. David Hafler did.....

Pass the Marguaritas.........

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited October 21, 2002).]