Quote:
Originally posted by Will:
Santa Clara Jim,

OK, your integrated amp is a 1976 model.

Is the Denon CD player you are using to play Diana Krall also quite old? Do you connect the CD player to your 950 using analog interconnects, like you have to with the 1976 model integrated amp, or with a digital (COAX or OPTICAL) interconnect?

I would be frankly, quite surprised if your 26 year old electronic amp has a better soundstage than your 950. There's probably a good explanation for what you're hearing. Let's not give up.

[This message has been edited by Will (edited October 03, 2002).]

Will,

The CD player is about 6 years old. Yes, it does use analog interconnects. Yes, it sounds better with the HK and the Anthem.

I am not giving up. I would rather keep the Outlaw gear. It's a better value. If you can find a explanation for the difference, I would sincerely welcome it. I would rather save the money.

Here's what I know.

I have heard the 950 and the Anthem with the same interconnects and the same CD. The Anthem sounded better.

I have heard the Outlaw and the HK using the same player and the same interconnects. The HK sounded better. Both used analog interconnects. Both used the CD player's processor.

The speakers were set to both large and small. I tried the crossovers at three different settings. The 950 was in processor and bypass mode. The 950 should have little audible effect in bypass mode, right?

At the store, the 950 and the Anthem used a very high-end CD player with an Coaxial digital interconnect. The Anthem sounded better.

is there a setting I should have tweak on the 950?

Regards,
Santa Clara Jim