I just bought a used 1050 from Audiogon. The original owner told me it worked perfectly before he sent it to me. It arrived the other day, and I finally got around to hooking it up this morning. I just wanted to test it out quickly, so I only have 2 speakers and a CD player hooked to it. Through any of the "analog" inputs, I get a horrible distortion. It's almost a modulation. This isn't a subtle or minor thing - it's completely unlistenable. However, through the 5.1 inputs, it sounds perfect. That would seem to rule out any kind of problem with the CD player, cables, etc. I guess that would pretty much narrow it down to the A/D or D/A conversion processes. I haven't tried a digital connection yet, so for now I can't narrow the problem down any further. Is there something here that I'm missing? Seems like this is a problem outside of some simple setting. The 1050 was shipped in the original packaging, via UPS. The box arrived in fine condition, but I guess it could have still been dropped or something to mess up a solder joint or something. Anybody have any other ideas I could try? Also, is the warranty transferrable?

Thanks,
Jason