Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#41929 - 11/26/02 03:24 AM The 950 and Pearl Jam's Riot Act
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
OK, I saw this once before, on Sharks by UFO. OK, a big band that is now on a small label, Shrapnel records. Didn't worry about it much.

But now I "see" it with the new Pearl Jam disc too.

Track 8 starts. There is some tuneage, then fades down to nothing. And then when the tuneage starts up again, there is a split second when the 950 reaquires the signal, and it misses part of it.

Also happens at the beg of track 9.

This is a fact, because when I look at the 950's display, it changes to acknowledge that it is (re) aquiring a PCM 44.1k signal.

I have a Pioneer DV-45a connected through the coax input.

Anyone else see this?

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

#41930 - 11/26/02 12:12 PM Re: The 950 and Pearl Jam's Riot Act
soundhound Offline
Desperado

Loc: Gusev Crater, Mars
Kevin:

I haven't noticed it on CDs, but I see it on DVDs all the time after I insert them and they play through all the 'logos' and finally settle on the main menu. The logos generally are in different surround formats, and as they change, there is a hiccup until the 950 re-acquires the bitstream. My Sony EP9-ES also has this same problem.

#41931 - 11/26/02 03:41 PM Re: The 950 and Pearl Jam's Riot Act
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
My TA-E9000ES sometimes took a while at the beg of a CD to get the lock, but never lost it within the CD.

My 950 seems to be a little unique anyway, in that if I switch DSP modes while playing a CD, the 950 permanently loses signal lock. I have to pause or stop and restart the CD before I get the lock back. (Only CDs, not DVDs.)

I guess I can hope that when I get the final low-hiss 950, maybe this will be improved too.

I just figured that others might have this particular CD too, and might be able to repeat what I've seen.

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 268 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM