Hi Sanjay,

In the SMR Cedia Expo reference link you pointed me to above, it says

In November, Fosgate’s own company, Fosgate Audionics, will introduce the FAP-T1, another pre/pro sporting a miniature monitor on its faceplate. A large complement of fully-programmable surround modes, including Dolby Digital 5.1 and EX, DTS ES and Neo:6, and of course PL II – all extended to 7 channels via a Cirrus Logic chip

Do we know if the extension to 7 channels mentioned above, is with the same Cirrus Logic chipset as is in the Rotel and the Outlaw? I'm asking if maybe Cirrus Logic has newer decoding chips now than what must have been available to the Rotel and Outlaw (excuse me, Eastech) designers late last year.

I'm still intrigued if perhaps Fosgate might have 7.1 discrete channels decoded, as opposed to the 6.1 channels decoded by Cirrus Logic chipset on the Rotel and the Outlaw.

Quote:

I don't know if you remember, but you brought up Rotel's XS processing a long time ago in a thread at AVS forums. That discussion got me curious enough to investigate.

Why yes, I do remember asking the question. I'm so pleased that you were able to verify that CES and XS are as you suspected at the time, the same.

Thanks!

Will

[This message has been edited by Will (edited November 12, 2002).]