Quote:
If it does [hiss], the problem is with the system and most likely the amplifier(s).

Nope. My TA-E9000ES didn't hiss except with my ear up against the tweeters. The 950 hisses out to 2 - 4 ft.

I even tried the test where, if I turn the 950 off, what happens to the hiss. Amps only. Because amps *do* contribute some amount of hiss. In my case, ear up against the tweeter I can hear it. Otherwise not. Amps alone: no hiss. Amps + 950: hiss. There *is* an interaction between the 950 and my amps. Others have also commented on the fact that Acurus and the 950 is a bad combination (or, at least not the *best combo ). But the Sony and Acurus worked well together. So the issue is with the 950. Everything else is exactly the same.

I have 2 3 channel amps. (So for stereo 2 channel, I only need 1 amp on, but that drives my mains and the rear center, which is the worst in my case.) I've even started looking at 2 channel + 5 channel amps for a 7.1 system. I like the 950 that much. Then, just need the amp on for the mains. But that don't fix the problem. Outlaw will, someday. I have confidence!

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!