Minute Man, I don’t think I can help with this. Since I use component connections for my video I do my entire Outlaw menu viewing on the 950 front panel display. (I used to love OSD but now it’s rather nice just to never have it pop up at inconvenient times on the big screen, and I can see enough across the room and have done it enough with it now to do whatever I want to easily from front panel only).

This one has me stumped as I don’t believe the 950 has to have source inputs programmed or any other steps other than just making sure your S-Video is input/output correctly. Is that the ONLY video connection you have hooked up and you are seeing video displayed on the Mit? What I mean is, - if you have composite or component hooked up in addition your feed on the screen that you are seeing could be being routed through one of those and something on your S-video is incorrect. (Although you should still see your OSD if you have composite hooked up but you WILL NOT see it if your feeding through a component connection) You have the Mit into the S-Video input on the 950, Video 1,2 or 3? If you have more than one output since you mentioned (#1) on the Mit could it have been damaged in any way? Have another choice to try?
Maybe some one else with thoughts?