Or as I said before - people tend to complain bought most everthing, hence a lot of stuff gets blown out. Case in point, my VW Passat / and German cars in general are known to have little/quirky gremlins - dashboards that on occasion rattle, and you should see the number of complaints on the VW B5.com forum on this rattle. Owned mine for 1.5 yrs now/its rattled a couple of times, but on the forum you'd think there a major q&a issue because of it.

How many actual (on-going) problems can we count on the 950.
1)hiss
2)composite up-conversion (think other pre-pros have it to)
3)I'm out of thoughts here. Bueller/Anyone??

Soundhound - I totally respect you, your measurements, and your profession (actually kind of jealous/just a boring Budget guy myself). I guess my point in "listening with my ears" was that isn't that what most of us really do at home. I'm as anal as anyone with my system, but at the end of the day its my ears/not a professional grade sound meter telling me if its sounding good.

Agree with bossobass too, if we could count how much equip "dosent meet specs", and didnt buy it cause of it, crap, my boombox would be in my room.

Bottomline is the 950 aint perfect, but I'm a firm beliver in the big picture, and with our systems there are many variables to account for in making things right. The sum of all the parts is way greater than the 950 alone. For some, the 950 just aint making the grade in their environment and maybe its time to move on. For others/(specifically me from my original point in this post), I've worked on it and believe I've got it.

Just need to fiqure out whats up with 5 channel stereo mode. Anybody else get a weird whistle/noise in this mode?