Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#39753 - 08/01/02 07:14 AM Re: Hmmm. Where have all the 950 beta testers gone?
Robert A. Fowkes Offline
Gunslinger

Yes, Hospice and all it provides has been essential in helping me get through this trying situation. I can't say enough good things about the program.

------------------
RAF

My HT (latest update 04/17/02) Now includes Outlaw 950 and Outlaw 755

My HT - Updated 05/29/07

#39754 - 08/03/02 11:49 AM Re: Hmmm. Where have all the 950 beta testers gone?
Steve in Sterling Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Sterling, Va
Over the past few months, I've learned quite a bit about HT from reading RAF's posts. My family and a friends 9yr. old daughter have been stricken with this tumor. As a complete stranger - he and his family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Best Regards
Steve

#39755 - 08/04/02 03:45 AM Re: Hmmm. Where have all the 950 beta testers gone?
azryan Offline
Gunslinger

RAF,

"Hope healing winds blow your way". -I probably stole that from some Hallmark card I saw somewhere, but the sentiment is sincere.

Merc,

First off... you still didn't answer me on that AVS thread. What up yo?

Anyway...
I think you and RAF were the only beta testers who made more than a couple 950 assessments and highly active forum regulars.
I still say 4 people wasn't a beta test so much as a vaporware refute. Nothing against you testers. Great job.

I know I made some initial posts when I got my 950, but didn't feel the need to keep posting about it.
Since then I check back here mostly just to see if Outlaw's doing anything new I'm interested in.

I'm waiting for a universal prog. DVD/SACD/DVD-A/firewire'B' out.. oh and that upconverts to 1080i (might as well ask for anything 'eh?), and a newer pre/pro w/ balanced outs and obviously a firewire 'B' input.

I've been very happy w/ the 950, but I'm always looking to 'move up', and HT pre/pros by about any company are called compromised by the super audiophile elite.
The passive preamp, outboard hot rod modded DACs by this or that company, etc. crowd, of which I don't think I'll ever get that crazy into audio to become.

I did find the HISS problem (though random) in my 950 which ticked me off, but now that I recently got the awesome Acoustic Reality eARTwo digital amp with it's incredible noise filters I have pretty much no problem w/ the 950's HISS now -but may still send it in if they ever contact me about an actual fix.
I used to think the 950 was a touch bright, but I don't think that anymore. I'm sure it doesn't have the best output stage, but it's still very much worth it's price for sure.

Gonna search around to see if someone out there might mod it for me.

I haven't kept up on Outlaw stopping the 950's shipping (like when it stopped shipping or when it started again -if it even did?), so I'd imagine that if it's not geting into people's homes that'd stop people from saying 'hey I got this cool new super cheap pre/pro', and also stop people who are waiting from bothering to tell others to look into getting this pre/pro on other forums.

I hope this mess hasn't damaged Outlaw, and hope they're soon able to branch out and into the higher end, but I fear that if this 950 has become a mess for them (along w/ the stillborn internet radio system) that they may just stick to their core market for at least the near term.

And w/ the US econ. doing so poorly, I'd think that might keep them from branching out also.

I doubt they'll suprise us w/ a DLP projector -ever (not that I want one).
Or a higher end pre/pro or univ. DVD unit until we see similar models on the market from most of the 'big boys'.

IMO, their 1050's features need updating or price lowered again, and they need something that'll really slap the audio market 'WOW' in the face.
It shoulda been the 950, but that train's broken down too many times to ever regain the kind of buzz it should have.

They've stopped the monthly emails too. That's probably helped kill the Outlaw buzz too.

If they just stick to decent HT amps, one rec., and an actually shipping 950, they'll get lost on the net I think.

#39756 - 08/05/02 05:19 PM Re: Hmmm. Where have all the 950 beta testers gone?
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
Didn't they say in one of the "semi-updates" that they were going to send out another actual monthy update on the 5th (today) or when they started shipping the 950 again, whichever was sooner?

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#39757 - 08/05/02 06:08 PM Re: Hmmm. Where have all the 950 beta testers gone?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
They said that they plan to either put out an update or start shipping again during the week of the 5th -- so some time in the next seven days, we should be able to see one or the other...

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#39758 - 09/26/02 05:07 PM Re: Hmmm. Where have all the 950 beta testers gone?
Will Offline
Desperado

Loc: LA's The Place
RAF,

I am saddened by your recent loss.

Will

#39759 - 09/26/02 07:08 PM Re: Hmmm. Where have all the 950 beta testers gone?
MixFixJ Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Vista, CA USA
RAF,
"
Mix

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Who's Online
0 registered (), 256 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM