Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#39743 - 07/29/02 11:01 PM Re: Hmmm. Where have all the 950 beta testers gone?
Will Offline
Desperado

Loc: LA's The Place
I'm real sorry to hear about your wife's serious health problems. These must be difficult times for your entire family, and my heart goes out to you. Hopefully things will work out for the best. Never give up hope.

[This message has been edited by Will (edited September 26, 2002).]

#39744 - 07/29/02 11:43 PM Re: Hmmm. Where have all the 950 beta testers gone?
minuteman Offline
Gunslinger

RAF,
My thoughts are with you and your family at during this difficult time. I will pray that all turns out well.

#39745 - 07/30/02 04:50 AM Re: Hmmm. Where have all the 950 beta testers gone?
HT crazed Offline
Gunslinger

Robert - I'm so sorry to hear about your wife's illness. The old annoying saying of "at least you have your health" rings so false when you've got it and so true when you don't.

Merc - Aha! One more thing we have in common - banned at HTF. What was your offense? Mine was objecting to threads being deleted that contained anything but praise for the Outlaw 950. I'm guessing that wasn't the problem for you. I noticed as soon as Simon came on board people were getting drop-kicked left and right. I thought Robert was always fair.

One interesting note about the beta-testers though - after the all the rave reviews from the beta testers that many of us were skeptical of (and lost our memberships at HTF because of), it seems strange that neither Merc nor Gene have kept the 950 for their primary system.

Gene has given his 950 to his father, and Merc is actively shopping higher end processors to keep the 950 in a "second system".

I'd be interested to hear if any remaining beta testers are using the 950 as their primary pre/pro?

#39746 - 07/30/02 07:38 AM Re: Hmmm. Where have all the 950 beta testers gone?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Gene never intended to keep his -- he beta tested it alongside his Lexicon MC-12, but when he agreed to beta test it was always his plan to pass it along to his father when the test was done.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#39747 - 07/30/02 11:13 AM Re: Hmmm. Where have all the 950 beta testers gone?
merc Offline
Desperado

Loc: Deep in the Woodlands of Texas
HTC: I still have the 950 in my primary system and will continue to do so until I find something better that I can afford. I've already tried out the B&K Ref 30, Rotel 1066, and the Anthem AVM-20, and I still have my 950. The only unit I liked as much/better than the 950 was the Anthem. However, I found that the combination of the 950, Sony P9K and Outlaw ICBM gave me better performance than the Anthem unit for $1000 less.

That said, I am ALWAYS looking for my next upgrade, and will probably upgrade when I find a unit/units that offer better performance at an incredible price. Also, listening/testing/learning about other gear helps me to better appreciate the 950 and improve my ability to judge future units.

Finally, out of deference to RAF, I will not comment on my HTF experience in this thread.
merc\'s primary system

#39748 - 07/30/02 12:21 PM Re: Hmmm. Where have all the 950 beta testers gone?
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
Wow... it is always something of a shock to hear about someone who is in so grave a situation. When death comes, it is always a hardship, but I cannot imagine dealing with a situation where it is such a high near-term possibility.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your wife. I know it may not be much comfort, after all, what can be? But in any case I hope it makes you smile to know that you are well thought of.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#39749 - 07/30/02 02:48 PM Re: Hmmm. Where have all the 950 beta testers gone?
tommy2811 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Im another banned member

anyway-

21/2 years ago i was diagnosed with an
Osteoma of the Sinus and brain..

well after deciding on the Hospital and surgeon(Dr.Kennedy)University of Pennsylvania(cheap plug)all that was left was the Operation and allot of prying......believe me it`s Holly Hell..

After over 10 hours on the table my sinus was patched together using the fat from my stomach and MOST of the Tumor(Osteoma) was removed from my brain

Although my tumor is not a Cancer it`s there none the less and could come back to get me.....well if it does,ill be ready.

We all bicker about our little hobby,but i ask everyone here,when was the last time you looked not at your preamp,speakers and DVD player but your Wife,the Kids your Mom or Dad and gave them a Kiss,how about calling your Sister or Brother and letting them know how important they are in your life...

Those are the things that matter.....Don`t wait till The big guy comes a calling because believe me he can come at any moment..

Although my passion is my theater i now find time to spend with my Wife.we go out on a date once ever 2 months,me and her Dinner,drinks anything she wants to do...

Raf,Pry and be strong for your Lady.

Tommy

[This message has been edited by tommy2811 (edited July 30, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by tommy2811 (edited July 30, 2002).]

#39750 - 07/30/02 04:49 PM Re: Hmmm. Where have all the 950 beta testers gone?
JS Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Olney, MD
RAF,

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife's illness. You and your wife will be in my prayers.

Try to stay strong,

Jeff

#39751 - 07/30/02 06:17 PM Re: Hmmm. Where have all the 950 beta testers gone?
BigJeff Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Columbia, SC
RAF;

Thoughts and prayers go to you and your family. Stay Strong.

Jeff

#39752 - 07/31/02 09:38 AM Re: Hmmm. Where have all the 950 beta testers gone?
Mike__P Offline
Gunslinger

RAF,

My thoughts and prayers are also with you and your wife.

I am sure you are already aware of all of the support that hospice provides other than in house care and I am sure you are availing yourself to that support. The hospice people in my area were "angels walking" when my mother in-law was in a similar circumstance. These people touched our lives in such a way that I will never forget.

God Bless,

Mike Piotti

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 312 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM