Quote:
John Morris quote:
"Serge: One of the toughest things I've been trying to do is to describe what "nothing" sounds like. Revealing is accurate to the point that whatever you put into the 950, it passes on to your amp. This preamp adds no grain, no hiss, no sonic character that can be called 950-like. It doesn't add an edgy solid state or tube-like quality to the audio. It adds Nothing more, and nothing less. It is like trying to describe what perfectly still, perfectly clean air smells like... "
Wow. Another groupie. Teehee. blush

minuteman: Although I am honored that you took the immense time to look up one of my many hundreds of posts on the 950, it might help us if you list the date for this post and that way, we can better discern exactly which 950, of the many I've had, I was referring to when I made this wonderful eloquently descriptive statement.

If you were a bit more diligent in your search, you'd find the posts where I spoke of the hiss I could hear from the 950 unit #3, the final shipping 950. Then again though, that wouldn't have properly allowed you to be a nasty little boy. Bend over now, it is time for your spanking.

Quote:
It looks like Merc has NO hiss in his unit , but I suspect they will give him a new one anyway as he's whined enough.
Minuteman: Like I just said, next time, do some more thorough research before you make incorrect statements about someone else. Trying to make others look bad by lieing about them just makes you look bad. Next time, if you are unsure, just send me an email at merc@kgjack.com and ask. That way you can be sure you will know the truth.

Although I have some very slight hiss, it is something that doesn't bother me and is something I could live with. The hiss I get from the 950 is about the same hiss I could hear from many other units that I've had during my life, and is only audible when you place your ear near the tweeter of the speakers. However, if any of those other companies produced a hiss free unit with better noise floor and offered to replace it for free, I'd have taken them up on their offer as well. Remeber, I will serve no whine before its' time.

I find it very strange that at a time when we should be rejoicing in a hiss-free, lower noise floor, tonally wonderful 950... some folks decide to attack others. Heck folks, let's smile and be happy... we're all getting perfect(hopefully)Outlaw 950 preamps!

------------------
Take Care,
merc
Edited to add email address.

[This message has been edited by merc (edited August 31, 2002).]
merc\'s primary system