Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#39481 - 08/31/02 11:46 PM Re: Problem Solved?
bigmac Offline
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by Davis S:
No I would not.

Holy cow!!! Have I got some stuff I'd like to sell to you! They have a known design issue which was significant enough to halt production for MONTHS. But you don't expect them to honor returns/repairs/fixes for anyone who discovers they have the problem in the future?? Wow!

#39482 - 09/01/02 12:10 AM Re: Problem Solved?
Davis S Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chino Hills,CA,USA
Absolutley not what I'm saying. He's talking about "introducing" new equipment into his system in the future with a 950 that CURRENTLY DOES NOT HISS. How can you say HIS UNIT has a design flaw. Remember NOT ALL units have the problem. Anyone who thinks this company should be responsible for potential noise in a unit that from the get go was fine/that introduces/changes their system/environment/gets a hiss and AUTOMATICALLY thinks the 950 is at fault (that did not hiss from the get go) is full of crap. You guys need a lesson or two in business/contract law. And no thanks, I don't need your hand-me-downs, quite happy with what I got.

#39483 - 09/01/02 02:27 AM Re: Problem Solved?
brianca Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: austin, tx
Of course I'm assuming that you can reasonably show that the 950 is the source of the hiss. I don't think you should just pick a part of your system at random and replace it when you have a problem. If you can swap out the 950 with several other pre/pros and the hiss is only there when the 950 is in the system, I would expect the outlaws to cover the product under thier warranty. That's all I'm saying. I'm somewhat astonished that you don't think they should cover it.

brianca..

#39484 - 09/01/02 03:10 AM Re: Problem Solved?
Davis S Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Chino Hills,CA,USA
Well gee, now you've added "If you can swap out the 950 with several other pre/pros and the hiss is only there when the 950 is in the system, I would expect the outlaws to cover the product under thier warranty. That's all I'm saying. I'm somewhat astonished that you don't think they should cover it".

This is ALOT different from what you started with. You now describe "specifics" re: the 950, before you talked in generals re: speakers or an amp. Under this scenerio, based on the excellent customer support I've received from Scott and Mike, I'm confident they would work with you to solve your problem.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to convey. I just thought it unreasonable in your original post that if you "changed" your system, and sumpthin was amiss, you automatically get another 950. Of course, under the 5 year warranty if the 950 was the problem, they should/and I believe they would get you all "fixed" up. Peace to both of you!

#39485 - 09/01/02 04:10 AM Re: Problem Solved?
brianca Offline
Gunslinger

Why would I suggest that they would swap it out if it wasn't causing the problem. the entire premise of my argument was that the 950 developed a hiss down the road even though the outlaws have assured you that it will not. It would be so absurd to expect outlaw to replace your 950 if you bought an amp that hissed that I guess I didn't feel the need to spell that out. I was just curious if this repair was a one time offer. You had me nervous that it might be.

Glad we're all on the same page now, and I agree that I expect outlaw to hono exchange requests for the full five years based on thier record of post sales support.

brianca..

[This message has been edited by brianca (edited September 01, 2002).]

#39486 - 09/01/02 11:55 AM Re: Problem Solved?
charlie Offline
Desperado

Why not just swap now and be done with it? I'm trying to see the upside of keeping a possibly defective and certainly 'outdated' unit, can't see it......

#39487 - 09/01/02 01:58 PM Re: Problem Solved?
brianca Offline
Gunslinger

Is outlaw replacing units that don't have any problems?

brianca

#39488 - 09/01/02 03:45 PM Re: Problem Solved?
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
I would hope so.

Because they say there is an interaction with source components. So even if you don't have the problem now, they should be gracious enough to accept your old unit in return just in case you're worried you might get the problem in the future with a change in componentry. They say, if you don't have the problem now, *with your current set of components*, you won't get the problem. In other words, it's not a question of a component inside the 950 slowly going bad or failing.

Plus, for people with 950s now, there is always the issue of OK, when I sell it in the future to maybe upgrade to Outlaw's higher end pre/pro whenever it comes out , would the potential new owner have a problem with his/her set of source components?

So hopefully, you can swap it out now even if the unit doesn't exhibit the problem.

Plus, we all know there have been a few software upgrades for the Rotel over the interveening time. You'd get any new software for the Outlaw with a swap too, I imagine.

[This message has been edited by Kevin C Brown (edited September 01, 2002).]

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

#39489 - 09/03/02 05:00 PM Re: Problem Solved?
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
If my system did suddenly develop hiss, I'd most certainly first suspect the 950 as the most likely culprit.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#39490 - 09/03/02 05:12 PM Re: Problem Solved?
Will Offline
Desperado

Loc: LA's The Place
Quote:

This is really excellent. Being able to compare the two units at home, in our own home theater environment, is absolutely fantastic, in my opinion. I'm quite pleased.

~Happy Will

I got the call. The Outlaws called to say they will ship out a FINAL hiss-fixed unit so I can compare it to my old unit. I am so pleased they will permit this comparison in my own home! Also I want to return the INTERMEDIATE hiss-fixed unit I got a while ago, because I prefer the sound from the original unit a little bit more than the sound from the intermediate unit (despite the hiss in the original unit).
~ Happy Will

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 397 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 542 @ Yesterday at 03:13 AM