Hi,

I just sent a message to Outlaw customer support about this, but wanted to see if anybody else had the same problems and if you found a resolution:

----------message to outlaw follows---------

I'm finally getting around to programmming the 4 macro buttons on the 950 remote and have found two problems:

1. According to the manual, the four macro buttons will work in any of the eight source modes (CD, DVD, SAT, AUD, etc.). On my remote, they only work if the source modes are the "bottom row" of sources (SAT, TV, VCR, CBL). If the source mode is set to one of the "top row", the macro buttons fail to operate. Weird...and a problem.

2. To accomplish something with my TV, I need to input either a "channel up" or "channel down" command in the macro sequence. The manual says "Channel up" saves the macro, so I thought I could use "channel down" in my macro sequence. It appears, however, that *both* "channel up" and "channel down" act to save the macro sequence...and hence I can't program in one of those actions. This is a big problem. Is there an alternate key on the remote to accomplish a channel up/down like the "mute" button is used for "power" when programming? (FYI...the reason I need this is for video source selection in my TV. I don't have discrete commands for video source selection, but the TV will switch to "internal TV tuner" mode when you send a "channel up" or "channel down" command to it, and I can then use the "T/V" button once for Video 1 input, twice for Video 2, etc.)