Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#3880 - 04/09/03 06:57 AM Surround Speaker balancing
ssand Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Holland, Pa USA
I am having a problem (i think) keeping my right front speakers volume consistant with my other speakers when player a SACD or DVD-Audio disc. I balance everything and it's fine for a few days and then I'll go to play something and can't barely hear anything from the right front speaker. I then re-balance and it's fine again, any thoughts? Do I have a receiver problem or did I miss something on the balancing end? Another question, when I do balance my right front the right back surround is much too high in relationship to the other speakers. This is because I am bringing my right front up so high to bring it in line. I am hoping I don't have a receiver problem and just missed something when setting this up. I am a new 1050 owner so I'm still getting used to its quirks.

Thanks for the help.

#3881 - 04/09/03 11:54 AM Re: Surround Speaker balancing
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
Some questions first:

1) What player are you using?

2) Are you using the built-in test tones on the the 1050 to balance out your system? In other words, do you hear the volume change in your speakers with the test tone or with just musical material?

3) Are you using a SPL meter to achieve the right levels or are you doing it by ear?

4) Do your speakers work out to be equi-distant from each other or is one much farther away than the others?

Just trying to chase down where your problem may be. Kinda tricky when you can't hear the issue in person but will try.

#3882 - 04/09/03 05:47 PM Re: Surround Speaker balancing
ssand Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Holland, Pa USA
Joson,

Thanks for trying to help. I am using a Radio Shack meter and get everything balanced with it. It plays fine then I'll put a disc in a few days later and the right front is in a low volume status. I then try the test tone and sure enough its also very low. For some reason I can't lock my right front in and maintain equal volume from my right rear.

#3883 - 04/09/03 05:56 PM Re: Surround Speaker balancing
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
Ugh, that does sound like an internal problem with the receiver. I think your next move should be to contact Outlaw. Good Luck and I hope everything works out ok.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 234 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM