Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#3869 - 04/08/03 03:42 AM Dish Network & Dolby Digital
MustangStallion Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Houston,TX
finally installed my 1050 in my new house last night. And just discovered that DN doesn't offer DD within the top 150 channels (the movie channels). I bought a satellite receiver that is capable of receiving DD but none of the channels in my package offer it. Grrrr. It is almost worthless to have that capability since I have to "step up to a higher premium movie package to enjoy it) Despite the fact that the "action" channel (or some other one I can no longer remember) said that the following movie is in Dolby Digital 5.1. Dish network is pretty damned sneaky not passing the digital audio. ok i'm done complaining No one at D.N. knew what the heck Dolbly Digital is. they kept saying..."sir you need a High Definition monitor" hahahahahahahahahaha. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

#3870 - 04/08/03 02:17 PM Re: Dish Network & Dolby Digital
Unferth Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Homewood, AL, US
DirectTV is similarily sparse with their DD programming.. Even most PPV movies aren't broadcast in DD... I think the various HBO's and Shotime channels send a lot of their stuff in DD.... it's just like High Def though, it'll take a little while for the rest of the world to catch up (that and bandwidth....)

#3871 - 04/10/03 04:30 PM Re: Dish Network & Dolby Digital
HI-FI Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: augusta, GA
What package do yyou have?? I have the top 150 pkg, and I get the Dolby Digital sound. I use the Optical Digital Audio Cable out to the 1050, sounds great...

#3872 - 04/11/03 12:19 PM Re: Dish Network & Dolby Digital
MustangStallion Offline
Gunslinger

I have the top 150 channels as well and i'm using the optical cable out (dish receiver is set to DD/pcm) . I have the PVR 508 (dolby digital receiver) and I can't decode the Dolby Digital. Dolby prologic is fine but DD is not on certain channels. I verified with Dish network and they said "In order to provide more channels with Dolby Digital program venders need to provide us a fiber optic feed." I just didn't know that not everything was fibered to them. Just curious, which channels are you receiving in DD? thanks

[This message has been edited by MustangStallion (edited April 11, 2003).]

#3873 - 04/11/03 08:48 PM Re: Dish Network & Dolby Digital
eurorom Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: El Paso Texas
You should be getting some of your premium channels in DD example: HBO, SHO,STARZ the rest are only in Dolby Pro-logic. Now you will get some of the premium movies in DD but not all the time, because they use the space for SAP ( spanish language)check their web site under schedules to see in which movies are going to be broadcast in DD, hope this helps....

#3874 - 04/11/03 08:55 PM Re: Dish Network & Dolby Digital
HI-FI Offline
Gunslinger

after looking again at the 1050, I am seeing most channels are in the Pro Logic vs Dolby Digital, yes some movies on the premium channels like HBO are broadcast in DD..you have the correct setup, not all are broadcast in DD..

#3875 - 04/12/03 12:58 AM Re: Dish Network & Dolby Digital
eurorom Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: El Paso Texas
Also be aware that not all pay per view movies are in DD,and I hate to pay to watch a movie that is not broadcast in DD.Good luck

#3876 - 04/12/03 11:38 AM Re: Dish Network & Dolby Digital
MustangStallion Offline
Gunslinger

How unfortunate that we still have to upgrade the program package in order to get at least one DD channel. We can always do "paper" view but it defeats the purpose of having the program package you want and can't use the DD feature (that I paid for in a receiver) DN knows how to make money ... i'll give 'em that much.

#3877 - 04/16/03 11:47 AM Re: Dish Network & Dolby Digital
HI-FI Offline
Gunslinger

Just curious, is Direct TV any different? does it broadcast in DD?? I might swap..

#3878 - 04/16/03 12:17 PM Re: Dish Network & Dolby Digital
Unferth Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Homewood, AL, US
Quote:
Originally posted by HI-FI:
Just curious, is Direct TV any different? does it broadcast in DD?? I might swap..

From what you guys have said about Dish, I think Direct TV is the same... (I've got a DirectTivo with optical out)

it's rare that a PPV movie will be broadcast in DD.. most of the premium chanels broadcast stuff with DD... it's still sketchy.. but DPLII with the digital signal is really good....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 274 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM