Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#38686 - 08/06/02 01:43 AM Re: Using an SACD player and DVD Audio Player...
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by sdurani:
[QUOTE][b]What happens if you have both ON at once?

Err, I've never tried it, and I'm quite afraid if I do. It's kind of like the M.A.D. stratedgy during the cold war, and I dont have the cahonas to try it...though perhapse with a few brews under my belt...

Right now I'm just happy I came up with a solution to my problem, and thankfully with just a flick of a button, I can switch from simple PCM/DD/DTS/DSD/MLP sound with just a minor swithc of a few buttons.

BWAHAHAHA...

Although I am scared what a few martini's will do to me...

#38687 - 08/06/02 01:48 AM Re: Using an SACD player and DVD Audio Player...
fmcorps Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Fargo, ND, USA
Oh, I never answered the question weither it works or not.

Yes, surprisingly it does work. You just have to make certain that you select the multi-channel analog input when you listen. I had to work with my remote a little bit in order to have it tell my reciever when I was listening to DVD-A, (with the 5.1 channel input) SACD (5.1 channel input) CD (PCM Digital input, or DVD's (DD and DTS Digital input) it's a bit of a micos nightmare, but once you get everything set up you are good to go. Like I said before, it was a bit of a hastle setting everything up, but now it's a sheer format dream.

-Jason

#38688 - 08/06/02 09:07 PM Re: Using an SACD player and DVD Audio Player...
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
I remember someone posting on HTF a while ago who tried this using Y splitters. (Well, in this case, "combiners" ! )

That person posted that the input level was way reduced when she/he had both inputs occupied vs just one. Sounded like he was changing the input impedance the pre/pro input was seeing.

Maybe it was specific to that setup, but something to watch for...

In essence, having that level reduced, and then having to compensate by raising the volume, you might end getting a higher noise floor along with the goodness of pure analog!

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

#38689 - 08/07/02 08:55 AM Re: Using an SACD player and DVD Audio Player...
Everett Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Brevard, N.C.
I like the switchbox Sanjay has listed. I think I would go this route. It can be a little messy and awkward going the patchwork method. These guys seem to have done there homework, but a little pricey!

#38690 - 08/07/02 11:57 AM Re: Using an SACD player and DVD Audio Player...
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
Yes, $200 does seem a bit pricey for the convenience of a remote trigger. I'd go Rat Shack, I think. They're all passive switches, and so shouldn't do too much to the signal one way or the other.

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 191 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 488 @ Yesterday at 10:00 AM