I find myself agreeing with Merc yet again - what a difference a year makes.

Some have reported on this forum that after receiving a fixed unit that the second unit didn't sound as good - though it wasn't the final fix that Outlaw is now offerning.

I think its exceedingly generous of Outlaw to address the existing customers first, even though those new units would bring in quite a bit of revenue from all those on the waiting lists.

Talk about taking it where it hurts for the sake of excellent customer service. Personally, I would almost rather have the fixed units shipped to new customers with my trial period extended to whenever they can have enough units left over to ship to us existing 950 owners. That would give us time to hear feedback from the new users on sound quality etc. before deciding. But you can't argue that the Outlaws don't have their hearts in the right place.

As it is before we part with our existing units for a different version, some additional info like Merc's requesting will be very helpful in making that decision.

In particular, customer service mentioned to me that in this next fix, it may solve some of the harshness I still find in 2 channel music. Will that be the case? And if so how will that be achieved? By rolling off some of the high's? Probably a good thing, but I'd like to know in advance.

Actually my 9000ES player can roll off all the top 10% of the frequency range (forgot the actual frequencies). I find this improves 2 channel performance while hurting performance for Home Theater.

[This message has been edited by HT crazed (edited August 12, 2002).]