Quote:
Just want to let you know up front - I have no malice for you and I value your opinions.
Charlie: same back at you friend.

I am just a bit rubbed by the notion that anytime/everytime anyone gives an opinion or suggests that one unit is better/worse than another, someone needs to rush in with the DBT/ABX arguement.

Anyone that knows anything about trial design, knows that correctly designed and implemented DBTs are virtually impossible when comparing electronics. An incorrect or flawed DBT may introduce errors which can make the results of the DBT neither reliable nor valid.

BTW, my comment of
Quote:
Really? Do you work for a drug company?
was un-necessarily sarcastic. Sorry. I've been in the drug industry for almost 20 years and have been involved in the design, implementation, writing and critical analysis of clinical trials much of that time. My wife is published in JAMA and JACC, and currently coordinates clinical trials in leukemia for a major US cancer center. You could say we live clinical trials. So, your comment about using DBTs in the drug industry begged my sarcastic comment. Anyway, do you work in the drug industry as well?

------------------
Take Care,
merc

[This message has been edited by merc (edited August 13, 2002).]
merc\'s primary system