Quote:
Originally posted by BenjaminKing:
SoundHound,

Do you have any pictures of your setup? I for one would be interested in viewing your system.

I don't have any pictures online but basically the room was built as a dedicated theatre, and is about 21' x 30' with an arched ceiling. The power amps for the main LCR speakers is all vacuum tube. The front left and right speakers are bi-amplified (apart from the sub woofer path) with a 1,200Hz crossover. The frequencies above 1,200 Hz are amplified by a single-ended triode power amp. The subwoofers and surrounds are powered by solid state power amps. There are four surround speakers, left and right side, and left and right back for Dolby EX. Currently I'm using the Smart "circle surround" EX extractor box for the back surrounds. There are four 18 inch subs, two per side, in stereo. These are next to the front left and right speakers. The screen is 10 feet wide in a 16:9 aspect ratio. The projector is a Sony LCD 16:9 native unit. The whole system has two signal paths: a "home theatre" path which takes it's signal from my (currently) Sony EP9ES 5.1 processor, and another path taken from my mixing console which in turn is fed from a ProTools 24 bit digital audio workstation, along with sundry outboard processors, analong tape decks, DAT deck etc.