[QUOTE]Originally posted by Will:
[B] [QUOTE]
I'm glad this solution works for you. While you can run the output of your pre/pro first to your sub's analog crossover, and then back to your amplifier, and then on to your main speakers, I'd rather use the digital crossover in a modern pre/pro's, especially for the MAIN speaker channels. Modern pre/pro's have much cleaner bass management than the analog line level crossovers in a subwoofer. And there is the (I assume) long analog signal path from pre/pro to subwoofer to amplifier (to main speakers) to consider. But bottom line is this works for you, and that's what's important. I'm glad you have a solution that works for you.

[QUOTE]

The crosover I use is not in my subwoofers - they're completely passive. The crossover is right next to the power amplifiers in my rack, so there is no long-interconnect issue. Don't knock analog crossovers! They can be just as good or better and doing it digitally if the electronic components within the crossover are of very good quality, like polystryene capacitors for instance.