Quote:
Originally posted by jcmccorm:
Soundhound - cool!!! How do you get the ".1" information to the subs though??

Cary

First of all, you need to have two subwoofers, one positioned next to each of your front left and right speakers. Run the signal from the preamp/processor left and right front outputs to the subwoofer's line in jacks for each channel. Set the subwoofer's crossover to 60 or 80 Hz, depending on the size of your mains. Run the line level output of the subwoofer to your main left and right front power amplifier. Set the preamp/processor bass management for the subwoofer to "no subwoofer". Set the front left and right speakers to "large", the center and surrounds to "small". **If you have the Outlaw preamp/processor or the Sony EP9ES like I do, all the bass, including the ".1" will be directed to the stereo subwoofers along with any natural stereo bass information and the upper range will go to your main left and right fronts. Of course this assumes that your subwoofers have a built-in line level crossover that has a high-passed output to feed the power amplifier for the main speakes. In my installation, I use passive subs, with an external analog crossover network and a dedicated power amp for the subwoofers, but a sub with a built-in amplifier and line level "in and out" crossover would accomplish the same thing. Good luck!

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited August 14, 2002).]