I emailed Outlaw saying my 950 hisses and asked to get it replaced but said I'd be pleased to wait until after there's a final fix for the hiss. Scott responded with an email saying a replacement 950 was being sent out today. So I don't know if this is a final fix for the hiss, or an interim solution. I believe they'll pay for shipping the replacement 950 to my home, and they'll pay for shipping my original 950 to Outlaw.

My hiss was audible from a few feet away. My assumption (could be wrong) is many owners with a hissy 950 are going to be tempted to get one of the newer lower-hiss models, ASAP. The reason it's tempting to do this ASAP is who knows if Outlaw will exchange a 950 after you've had it awhile. In my case, my trial period expired, but just barely. I didn't ask about an extended trial period, but Scott wrote that my trial period was extended by about another month. So the period was extended to about 60 total days, in my case.

Scott used the words "as promised" with the extension, so maybe they extend the trial period as a matter of policy.

[This message has been edited by Will (edited June 18, 2002).]