My 950 does not have the noise issue as reported by Perfect. I cannot hear any hissing sound from my listening position and the only time I can hear the hiss is when I put my ears up to the speaker after I used the 950. However, if I start my 950 fresh with no source on, I get nothing but silence. And even after I turn on my sources, before I actually play anything, there is still no noise coming out of the speakers. Even if I turn the volume all the way up, there is still no noise.

I have the 950 hooked up to an Acurus 125x5 amp and going into the 950, I have my DVD player and VCR. The DVD player is connected using both a digital coax and Outlaw's PCA through the stereo out. I am also using a line conditioner, a Panamax 1000+. My cable use to cause ground loop feedback but the Panamax 1000+ has taken cared of that. I have not try to test for noise without the Panamax and I probably won't because I'll have to get a power strip.

As far as I can tell, the 950's noise floor is not only NOT the first real bad news but it is IMHO the first GREAT news about the 950. For both music and movies, the 950 is always chrystal clear and the noise floor is so low that sound just floats in the air.

Perfect, I hope you will be able to isolate the cause of the noise problem be it the 950 or not. As a suggestion, have you consider looking at the interconnect between the 950 and the amp? I have had an expereience in the past where I was using some unshielded Kimber PBJ cables from the pre/pro to amp that caused the speakers to hiss. Please share with us your findings when you've made more progress. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by mxy15 (edited May 06, 2002).]