Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#376 - 11/30/01 03:46 PM Wild volume incident
glenl Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
I did a search on "volume" and nothing like this turned up.

The (manual) volume control on my 1050 has a tendency to increase the volume when I turn it counter-clockwise. The first time was a spin move to decrease quickly and the volume (and volume number) more the wrong way. I've noticed that it is only working properly now when I slooowly decrease the volume.

I almost always use the remote so this is not really a problem and since this incident I have found better ways to quiet the system when I am closer to the 1050 than its remote.

Otherwise, I like the feel of the volume knob and have really enjoyed the system. If someone else has experienced this problem and has a fix it would be great if you could email me.

-glen

#377 - 12/06/01 11:38 AM Re: Wild volume incident
Phil Wang Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Long Island, NY, USA
I've also noticed that my volume knob is on the fritz. I've been lazy to call Outlaw support, but I probably should. Like yours, my volume knob turns the volume UP when you're trying the turn the volume down. I also seldom use the knob since the remote works fine.

#378 - 12/07/01 01:21 AM Re: Wild volume incident
Owl's_Warder Offline
Desperado

Loc: Grants Pass, OR
Me too... I wasn't too worried about it since I'm very rarely without remote on hand. But after seeing this post I tried it out. I get the same response, erratic up and down of the volume level, inconsistent with direction, when turning the manual knob.

#379 - 12/07/01 01:28 AM Re: Wild volume incident
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Must be a quirk of the 1050's volume knob, then, because mine's always been a little sporatic about changing volume by small increments when I use the knob.

#380 - 12/20/01 06:16 PM Re: Wild volume incident
Firestarter Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

My knob doesn't usually increase when I turn it down, but it rarely does anything at all. Not up, not down. Works fine until the dreaded batteries die on the remote and you have to live with a fixed volume for a couple of weeks.

Firestarter

#381 - 12/20/01 06:51 PM Re: Wild volume incident
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
What ever happened to "real" volume knobs, anyway? The kind where there is a fixed relationship to the position of the knob and the volume of the device. The kind that can't be spun past their min-volume or max-volume points and have a nice little dot or mark on the knob to tell you where it is.

#382 - 12/20/01 10:24 PM Re: Wild volume incident
wangotango Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: ft wayne indiana
that would be too easy!

scott

#383 - 08/28/04 07:03 PM Re: Wild volume incident
Juanisan Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Chambersburg, PA USA
I know this thread is ancient. BUt I had the same exact problem. I had been using the remote so much that I never noticed that when I walked up to it and tried to lower the volume it shot UP.

I called Outlaw and they told me it was a certain lot of receivers that had this fault and I got a new (or refurbished - I forget and could care less) one shipped to me! My shipping back was expensive. (E-gads Mailboxes, etc)

But my new one functions flawlessly!!!

I hope the rest of you found out eventually!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 356 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM