Quote:
Originally posted by Smart Little Lena:

“Electrons make terrible golf balls, just too ill-behaved. When an ordinary ball rolls across the green and comes to a stop, it's either in the hole or it's not. An electron, on the other hand, can be in many places at once--in the hole, beside it, and at the edge of the green. Like all submicroscopic particles, an electron tends to spread itself out in a sort of hazy ''cloud'' of probability. It's impossible to keep track of where it is at every moment. With quantum mechanics, we can work out the probability that an electron is in a given spot, but the electron won't settle on a single location until something forces it to. This unruly mix of chance and imprecision would ruin a golf game” and downright makes predicting the precise path of travel of electrons through your interconnects impossible.

[/B]

Thanks SLL! This pretty much explains my golf game. Now I have a scientific excuse for all those triple bogeys.

This has been a very entertaining thread. I recall a similiar discussion that was equally entertaining. It was on rec.audio on the usenet.......in 1985. The debate rages on and should be resolved shortly after the cure for the common cold.

"In a double blind world the one-eyed man is king."