Merc,

I'm glad you checked my work because I often make silly mistakes. And this is one of those times. Boy do I feel stupid. I just tried my 950 again. I got the same results you got. With the sub power turned off, and the front speakers set to small, I also hear a difference when the crossover changes from 40 Hz to 150 Hz. I apologize for causing you guys so much inconvenience. I probably got confused between STEREO and BYPASS, or maybe left the sub on in STEREO but off in BYPASS. Anyway, I came to a very wrong conclusion.

Mea culpa!

Anyway, to answer your question as best I can...
Quote:

I got NO subwoofer output at all with the front speakers set to large, regardless of crossover setting. IS THIS CORRECT?

I also get no subwoofer output with the front speakers set to large. I get no subwoofer output with the front speakers set to large, in STEREO mode as you note and also in BYPASS mode. It think BYPASS mode has double bass with front speakers set small only, NOT large.
Quote:

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Actually you were very helpful, Merc. Hope this sets the record straight for everybody. I am eating humble pie. And my hat too, figuratively speaking.