Okay... here is what I found with my 950.

CD player connected via digital audio coax only. 950 with Digital Coax selected and mode on STEREO.

Front Speakers: Large
Sub: On
Sub Power: On
Crossover: 40-150Hz
I got NO subwoofer output at all with the front speakers set to large, regardless of crossover setting. IS THIS CORRECT?

Front Speakers: Small
Sub Power: On
I could not easily detect any difference in the sound regardless of which crossover point was selected. However, when I walked over to my sub, or watched the green signal light on the front of my sub amp, I could see that the sub received more signal as I set the crossover higher. Yet, I am somewhat uncertain if my front L/R speakers are getting the same signal, regardless of the crossover point?

Front Speakers: Small
Sub Power: OFF
Alright! When I turned off the subs amp, I could easily detect the differences in front channel sound as I changed crossover points. With the sub power disabled, I could easily hear that the crossovers and stereo modes worked correctly. Possibly due to the nice tonal matching of my subwoofer to my speakers, it was very hard for me to detect any difference when I switched crossover freq and deflected those freqs from my front channels to my subwoofer, while the sub amp was on.

Anyway, since I have done this test, I feel more sure recommending that, unfortunately, Will's unit may be faulty. Or... that my unit's software is somehow set up differently???

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

------------------
Take Care,
merc

[This message has been edited by merc (edited July 09, 2002).]
merc\'s primary system