I second the motion.

I got my 950 in May, installed it and was quite happy with it immediately. I had a weird problem with it, in that when going to the input configuration menu, and then to the "Video 2" input config, the on screen display on my TV disappeared. I called Outlaw, they confirmed it should *not* do that, and shipped me a replacement unit which I re-installed last weekend. Problem fixed.

No dreaded hiss. I am happy with the way Zone 2 operates. The theoretical subtleties of other problems (bass management, tone/volume control operation, bypass mode, etc.) either do not bother me or do not apply.

I waited for years to get into this new world, coming from a 10-year old Lexicon Pro Logic processor and 30-year old Audio Research stereo preamp. I really wanted the B&K Reference 30 for the past 2 years, but once I got wind of the 950 last year I decided to wait.

I'm glad I did. Given what I've heard from others (thanks, merc) I think I'd be hard pressed to justify the additional $1600 to $1800 extra for the Ref 30.

Instead, I'll get a TiVo Series 2 and an Audiotron, and *still* have about $700 left to go towards new speakers next year!

Outlaw, you hit a home run. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by rjcrum (edited June 20, 2002).]