Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#37420 - 06/06/02 09:11 PM Re: hiss to HISS
steves Offline
Desperado

Loc: Oregon
Quote:
Prob. due to not calibrating the system yet, I am having trouble with tweaking constantly in the trim, on certain DVD’s, or while changing to different channels on Satellite.
Smart Little Lena,if you haven't already, go by RadioShack and pick up a Sound Level Meter (p/n 33-2050) and use it to set your speaker(s) trim. You'll be glad you did.
By the way, hope you had a great time on your trip- it's good to get away once in a while!

#37421 - 06/07/02 01:11 PM Re: hiss to HISS
tetra500 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Dallas, Tx
According to Prefect, the outlaws have identified the source of the HISS and are actively implementing corrective measures for those few with the problem (and, I assume, to those units in the existing stock that have apparently been halted from delivery).

Good job!

mt

PS For some reason, my system sounds (and feels) best at and above -15db. A few more weeks of listening to music and movies at that level in my small living room will most likely eliminate my ability to distinguish the HISS anyway.

#37422 - 06/07/02 02:19 PM Re: hiss to HISS
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
Quote:
go by RadioShack and pick up a Sound Level Meter

Thanks Steve! Got one, and confirmed my ears last night, the levels are off, but it was too late to mess with making the noise, will try to do it this weekend. Looking forward to finding out how much difference it makes. We are tired and disoriented trying to damage control from while we were gone; it’s going to be a couple of ‘catch-up’ weeks. I also have lots of odds & ends like getting the reg. TV hooked in again etc. We really did install the bare bones; Sat/DVD/Outlaw with no consideration for how we eventually want it all routed.

The trip was great; it was quite interesting to see the US Navy and the Coastguard taking the ‘underwater terrorist attack threat’ seriously. 2 Navel destroyers were protecting our ship, particularly in 2 harbors where they lurked sending out tenders out to everything that came near our ship and reportedly had 2 subs on ‘training drills’ in the area. I think the general populace do not realize how hard our military is trying to protect us right now, with one hand (either logistically, monetarily or politically) often tied behind their back And the ‘muster drill’ (as req. by Port Authorities before sailing) was not cursory as it had been in the past. They actually lined us up at our stations with women & children first, etc. something not included on prior trips.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Who's Online
0 registered (), 339 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 542 @ Yesterday at 03:13 AM