Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#37187 - 05/11/02 12:57 PM outlaw frustration
Jmac Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: okalhoma city oklahoma
How difficult is it to tell us approximately when we can expect our 950. This is almost getting rediculous. Also can we get more reviews on the sonics of the 950 from those fortunant few that have them.

#37188 - 05/11/02 01:52 PM Re: outlaw frustration
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
Jmac, I feel your pain. I waited over a year for it but let me tell you it was worth it. I would imagine the emails should be coming soon but you never know. As far as more reviews I wish more people would post as well. After owning my 950 for nine days now, I can say that it has some quirks but it is by far the best sounding processor I have ever heard, so as you can tell I have never heard Krell, Levison or any of the big boys. I would agree that the sound is extremely analytical, as other posters have noted. Just out of curiousity, when did you get on the list?

#37189 - 05/11/02 03:03 PM Re: outlaw frustration
Jmac Offline
Gunslinger

I placed my resevation on 1/26/02. I am currently stuck with a Carver CT 17 pro logic. I wonder will the 950 sound better musically. Also does the 950 sound better than the Anthem AVM-2. Thanks in advance for all replys.

#37190 - 05/11/02 05:04 PM Re: outlaw frustration
mdanderson Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Garland,Tx. USA
Jmac and Jed M,
I just recently posted a review of the 950 on the unofficial review thread. Hope this helps.

------------------
Oppo UDP-205/LG 65C6
Outlaw 976 prepro/ Emotiva BasX A-700 amp
Power Sound Audio 15S

#37191 - 05/11/02 06:43 PM Re: outlaw frustration
JS Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Olney, MD
Thanks for the review mdanderson. It was greatly appreciated. Any new info is helpfull. I hate to admit that I share in Jmac's frustration. But we shouldn't dispare as the Outlaw's said that within two weeks they would give us an approximate shipping schedule based upon when we placed our order and tomorrow night will be two weeks. I'm confident that they will make good on that promise or give us some new information around that time.

It would probably be helpful if others would post here with their concerns so that the Outlaws would know that it's not just one or two of us who are awaiting new info.

Jeff

#37192 - 05/11/02 07:19 PM Re: outlaw frustration
jacket_fan Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Jeff,

Don't know how long you have been watching this forum, but if Outlaw gives a date, add 3 weeks. They have yet to meet a deadline since I have been watching this forum, December 2001. So don't bet the farm you will hear anything by tomorrow. Also, three weeks ago they said it would be two weeks. Check out the unofficial 950 arrival thread.

They also promised in the April newsletter "30 to 60 days before everyone gets their unit." Well it has been 30 days already. Anyone here actually believe that all the pre orders will be filled in 30 more days?

Scott? Anyone at Outlaw want to comment? Maybe RAF or merc has some insight.

So yes, I have been frustrated for a while. The 49TX looks better and better every day we don't hear from the Outlaws...

I am glad however that all of the early reservationist have their units and are happy with the sonic quality.

Mark

mj

#37193 - 05/11/02 08:01 PM Re: outlaw frustration
JS Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Mark,

I am aware of the promises you mention. I have been waiting quite a while without a decent pre/pro for the 950 to be available to us all. But I'm sure Outlaws knows that some of us have put off our buying decisions in order to support them and to get the best sound possible for our dollar. So I'm confident that we will hear soon as to when we can expect our units. Not to inform us would be a violation of our tacit agreement with them to put off our individual buying decisions and to wait for their product.

The more of us that post on this thread the better. It might show Outlaw that although we support and believe in them, we need to be informed as to where we stand in the process.

Jeff

#37194 - 05/11/02 08:11 PM Re: outlaw frustration
Jed M Offline
Desperado

I noticed that they are now at least to 1/4/02 on the waiting list. Hang in if you can. md, I saw your review and I agree with what you have said. I have not been able to check out the 6.1 or 7.1 yet so I can't comment on that. Jmac, I do not know what your Carver sounds like, and this is no knock on what you have, but it would be hard to imagine that the 950 could not sound better for music. As far as the Anthem, I have never heard that either but I would think you would be more than happy with that.

#37195 - 05/11/02 11:16 PM Re: outlaw frustration
tps123 Offline
Gunslinger

I have had the 950 set up for 1 day now. My previous pre/pro was a Carver CT28v and the 950 sounds better to me. Have not had the time yet to put the 950 through a thourogh review. Also, my guess is that Outlaw is getting throug the list quickly. I was number 1322 12-19

TPS

#37196 - 05/12/02 01:14 AM Re: outlaw frustration
brianca Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: austin, tx
I currently trust the Outlaws to keep a promise about as far as I can throw a 770 , but I'll add my post to the thread. I certainly hope to hear something this weekend about the estimated schedule.

brianca

[This message has been edited by brianca (edited May 12, 2002).]

#37197 - 05/12/02 04:00 AM Re: outlaw frustration
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
I wish that the Outlaws would understand the following:

It's OK that the 950 is late. It's OK that there have been some bumps along the way, but also that we appreciate that they have been so honest with us.

But.

If they say they are going to do, or communicate such and such by such and such date, then they should at least say *something* as that date approaches even if it's another delay.

I learned something in business once: you simply cannot over communicate to your customers enough!

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

#37198 - 05/12/02 07:32 AM Re: outlaw frustration
JS Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Kevin,

Those are my feelings exactly.

#37199 - 05/12/02 11:24 PM Re: outlaw frustration
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
They still haven't sent out the "projected arrival" e-mail yet? That surprises me greatly, becuase they DID promise it twice already. And these promises shouldn't be all that hard to keep; I mean, it's not like they've got DD-EX or dropouts or other problems backing up production anymore. This is just an informational e-mail. Unless their tracking system is totally screwed up...

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#37200 - 05/12/02 11:45 PM Re: outlaw frustration
Jmac Offline
Gunslinger

After reading Evan S review on HTF, wherein he performed a not so scientific comparison test of his Anthem AVM-20 with the 950, I plan on waiting on the 950. It seems that two processors sound relatively the same, which for me means a hecka of alot better than my Carver CT-17. Anyone still undecided should read Evans' review on the Home Theater Forum. Thanks to all for your positive input.

#37201 - 05/13/02 12:11 AM Re: outlaw frustration
brianca Offline
Gunslinger

Most of the mails that I've gotten from the outlaws have arrived around 1:00AM CST, so I still have faith in it showing up overnight tonight.

brianca

#37202 - 05/13/02 09:46 AM Re: outlaw frustration
KE Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Liverpool, NY, USA
JMac : I searchd for Evans comparison between AVM-2 and 950, I could not locate it. Can you put a link here, pleeeeeease.

Thanks.

KE

#37203 - 05/13/02 09:54 AM Re: outlaw frustration
JS Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

#37204 - 05/13/02 11:22 AM Re: outlaw frustration
Steve in Sterling Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Sterling, Va
Add me to the frustrated list!!! And I'm way down the list - ordered in late Feb/early March. When you do all the research and listen to a lot of stuff...you are ready to BUY.

#37205 - 05/13/02 12:26 PM Re: outlaw frustration
jacket_fan Offline
Gunslinger

It's been a couple of days since I last vented, I mean posted. I will admit I have priced a 49TX at a price cheaper than the 950/770 combo. Lots of cool features on it. Reviews are great. Hummmm...

Could I live with myself for buying Japanese?

Will we hear anything soon? Did the latest shipment get stuck in customs? Did the Eastec factory burn down? Is a reprogram of the remote in work?

Scott? Anybody?

mj

#37206 - 05/13/02 07:32 PM Re: outlaw frustration
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Jacket, I hope you could live with yourself for buying Japanese, they seem like nice people to me. That said, I understand your pain. I truly do. On HTF I remember a thread was started last summer about how it was only 100 days till the 950 shipped. Ugh! That seemed like forever. Then the delays and the delays... Then the night of ordering the 950 I am visiting my parents and their power goes off about 5 minutes before the resevation list began. It was one of those things I can look back on and laugh, but believe me, my parents still wonder about my mental stability after that night. The power came back on and I was about 30 minutes late getting in. I was fine with that because I figured I would easily be in the first shipment. Well that turned out to be wrong and I had to sit and relive the power outage in my head over and over while I read the outlaws were stopping shipment after the first wave to clear up the drop outs. I would have had the outlaw in early april had it not been for KCPL (Kansas City Power and Light). I remember somebody writing that they stumbled upon the Outlaw reservation list about five minutes after it opened. Now, that to me would have been heaven. Get in as early as the original waiters but without all the waiting. In the end, it was a very, very crazy wait but I can not tell you how glad I did not jump on that great deal I could have had on the Onkyo 989. I am sure that this has helped nobody but I never actually "vented" during this saga and I figure now it seems kinda funny since I am not on the end of my rope with anticipation everytime I see the word Outlaw in my email. Trust me, it will come and you will be soooooooo happy you waited. I wish I could make it easier, but I aint giving mine up for anything. Unless you want to start the bidding...

[This message has been edited by Jed M (edited May 13, 2002).]

#37207 - 05/13/02 08:40 PM Re: outlaw frustration
jacket_fan Offline
Gunslinger

Jed,

The Japanese are a wonderful people, but after 911 I wanted to buy American whenever possible, so please don't misread me. (At least the 770 is made in the US)

If you would have purchased the 989 would it have served you since last summer? Have you gained a lost year with the 950? I hope so.

Wow, you should have read the vent I just erased. I will try to keep this from being a vent.

Outlaws...

We are waiting. Impatiently.

Mark Holmes

mj

#37208 - 05/14/02 12:58 AM Re: outlaw frustration
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Jacket, I was kidding about the Japanese remark, sorry about that. Also, the deal on the Onkyo didn't come along until right after Christmas so I would have had if for four months (but at the time, who knew?). Good luck with your decision, either way you should be very happy.

#37209 - 05/14/02 02:07 AM Re: outlaw frustration
Mad Dog Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by jacket_fan:
I will admit I have priced a 49TX at a price cheaper than the 950/770 combo. Lots of cool features on it. Reviews are great. Hummmm...

I hope you don't break down and buy a 49TX...I checked one out at a high end shop and it's a GREAT receiver, BUT it's doesn't come close to separates. It's clean, elegant and heavy for a receiver, but the amp section does not come close to separates level. At the time I checked out the 49TX, I was running an Acurus A125x5 and it hands down smoked the amp section of the 49TX. Now I am running an ATI AT2505 amp and there is simply no comparison. You will not be disappointed if you wait for the 950/770 combo if you are interested in superior sound quality!

#37210 - 05/14/02 10:11 AM Re: outlaw frustration
jacket_fan Offline
Gunslinger

"I hope you don't break down and buy a 49TX"

Thanks MD.

I agree that the 950/770 would be superior sonically to the 49TX.

My will to hold out is failing with each passing hour that we hear nothing from the Outlaws. There is a limit each of us have on how long we will wait.

I will hold out
for news from the hide out
when they lift the delivery date blackout
then decide to stay in or git out...

Anyone have an idea how many reservationists have not ordered to date?

mj

#37211 - 05/14/02 11:25 PM Re: outlaw frustration
brianca Offline
Gunslinger

I noticed that Scott was on the boards posting today. Just wondering if we could get some info on the shipping projections that were supposed to be published last week.

brianca..

#37212 - 05/16/02 07:18 AM Re: outlaw frustration
jacket_fan Offline
Gunslinger

Outlaws must all be on vacation leaving no one to mind the store.

Perhaps they will get around to letting the reservationists know something when they get back.

Anyone elses frustration level rising?

I may be past the point of one poster who said he would wait as long as it takes. (What's in that Kool Aid anyway?) I'm getting tired of Outlaw giving a commit date and not meeting it. Just not good business practice.

Bump, there went my name off the reservation list...

"Mr. Holmes reservation number is 12577.
Expect delivery in June...

2004."

mj

#37213 - 05/16/02 04:14 PM Re: outlaw frustration
Jed M Offline
Desperado

To answer your question, the kool aid is filled with crystal clear sound that lives up to the hype. It tastes great. What is your favorite flavor? We drink a lot of the green stuff around here. Just take the drink... take the drink...

#37214 - 05/16/02 04:52 PM Re: outlaw frustration
jacket_fan Offline
Gunslinger

Jed M,

My frame of reference when I was putting my home theater together was that I would have all of the electronics but the room would not be ready. I was doing all the work myself and it was taking a long time, since last Sept. After I got on the reservation list I read "units will ship during the third week in March." I then spent every free minute working on the rooms in the basement.

So it is now the middle of May, everything is set and no electronics. The wife wants to know when she can start watching movies. I'm buying time by not mounting the CRT projector. Outlaw is not making anything easier at home.

So to answer your question, my Kool Aid is amber in color with a frothy head on it.

mj

#37215 - 05/16/02 05:12 PM Re: outlaw frustration
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
I am so today. I just had to send Outlaw an e-mail very possibly ugggg delaying my 950/770 shipment. I leave on a trip the 26th, I was trying to keep my charge cards close to zeroed balance for the trip. (The ship charges everything to your card) SO I mailed Outlaw a check on 5-7 and as of this morning, it still had not posted to my account!!!. Which means unless it posts tonight and Outlaw ships, - something like tommorow, since I picked ground, it will come to my house sitters instead!. (And I don't know if I want that.
Another instance of 'timing is everything'.

#37216 - 05/16/02 09:44 PM Re: outlaw frustration
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Jacket, by no means was I trying to antagonize you, I was simply trying to ease a little tension. Trust me, I know where you stand. It is mind numbing frustration and nobody around you seems to understand except the people on these boards. Its grueling blindly following these unusual methods the Outlaws have chosen to speak to us through and I can't believe I made it. Outlaw should scrap the free cables and just send free t shirts that say "I survived the wait" because thats what it feels like. I don't blame you, or your wife, for wanting to watch movies, that is not uncommon on these threads. I will honestly say, even though never hearing the 49tx, I think you would be making a mistake by not going with the 950, but I wouldnt blame you for going another direction.

#37217 - 06/14/02 09:46 PM Re: outlaw frustration
Jmac Offline
Gunslinger

I'm back I have waited patiently for over a month now for the Outlaws. It feels like I'm being held hostage. I live in Oklahoma and we have very few high-end audio shops(2). One of them sells Anthem, the other Rotel. If I could afford the Anthem I would already have one. The Rotel dealer has the same problem as the Outlaws, he can never assure me when he will get a 1066. If he could I would have ordered one by now just so I could stop feeling so goofy for waiting for the Outlaws. I would be willing to bet anyone that their are a bunch of people that feel the same way. People just like me who are constantly checking their emails to see if an order notification has arrived. I'm starting to feel like little Charlie, from Charlie and the Chocolate factory, waiting for the golden ticket. It has simply ceased to be funny,after all, this is still America. We should all have choices. We should not be held hostage by Outlaw and Rotel. BTW if any of you have access to a black 1066 let me know I would love to have one. As for the Outlaws you better get you stuff together because your customer base is going to start dropping like Enron stock.

#37218 - 06/16/02 11:19 AM Re: outlaw frustration
morphsci Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Charleston, IL, USA
Well between the delays, lack-of-info from Outlaw and the "Direct 5.1" quirks I have decided to check out the Rotel. I can not make an absolute final decision until I hear the Rotel, but at this time it appears to be a better fit to my needs. I quess I will still be an Outlaw, since I will be keeping my 1050.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 312 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM