Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#37207 - 05/13/02 08:40 PM Re: outlaw frustration
jacket_fan Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Jed,

The Japanese are a wonderful people, but after 911 I wanted to buy American whenever possible, so please don't misread me. (At least the 770 is made in the US)

If you would have purchased the 989 would it have served you since last summer? Have you gained a lost year with the 950? I hope so.

Wow, you should have read the vent I just erased. I will try to keep this from being a vent.

Outlaws...

We are waiting. Impatiently.

Mark Holmes

mj

#37208 - 05/14/02 12:58 AM Re: outlaw frustration
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
Jacket, I was kidding about the Japanese remark, sorry about that. Also, the deal on the Onkyo didn't come along until right after Christmas so I would have had if for four months (but at the time, who knew?). Good luck with your decision, either way you should be very happy.

#37209 - 05/14/02 02:07 AM Re: outlaw frustration
Mad Dog Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally posted by jacket_fan:
I will admit I have priced a 49TX at a price cheaper than the 950/770 combo. Lots of cool features on it. Reviews are great. Hummmm...

I hope you don't break down and buy a 49TX...I checked one out at a high end shop and it's a GREAT receiver, BUT it's doesn't come close to separates. It's clean, elegant and heavy for a receiver, but the amp section does not come close to separates level. At the time I checked out the 49TX, I was running an Acurus A125x5 and it hands down smoked the amp section of the 49TX. Now I am running an ATI AT2505 amp and there is simply no comparison. You will not be disappointed if you wait for the 950/770 combo if you are interested in superior sound quality!

#37210 - 05/14/02 10:11 AM Re: outlaw frustration
jacket_fan Offline
Gunslinger

"I hope you don't break down and buy a 49TX"

Thanks MD.

I agree that the 950/770 would be superior sonically to the 49TX.

My will to hold out is failing with each passing hour that we hear nothing from the Outlaws. There is a limit each of us have on how long we will wait.

I will hold out
for news from the hide out
when they lift the delivery date blackout
then decide to stay in or git out...

Anyone have an idea how many reservationists have not ordered to date?

mj

#37211 - 05/14/02 11:25 PM Re: outlaw frustration
brianca Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: austin, tx
I noticed that Scott was on the boards posting today. Just wondering if we could get some info on the shipping projections that were supposed to be published last week.

brianca..

#37212 - 05/16/02 07:18 AM Re: outlaw frustration
jacket_fan Offline
Gunslinger

Outlaws must all be on vacation leaving no one to mind the store.

Perhaps they will get around to letting the reservationists know something when they get back.

Anyone elses frustration level rising?

I may be past the point of one poster who said he would wait as long as it takes. (What's in that Kool Aid anyway?) I'm getting tired of Outlaw giving a commit date and not meeting it. Just not good business practice.

Bump, there went my name off the reservation list...

"Mr. Holmes reservation number is 12577.
Expect delivery in June...

2004."

mj

#37213 - 05/16/02 04:14 PM Re: outlaw frustration
Jed M Offline
Desperado

To answer your question, the kool aid is filled with crystal clear sound that lives up to the hype. It tastes great. What is your favorite flavor? We drink a lot of the green stuff around here. Just take the drink... take the drink...

#37214 - 05/16/02 04:52 PM Re: outlaw frustration
jacket_fan Offline
Gunslinger

Jed M,

My frame of reference when I was putting my home theater together was that I would have all of the electronics but the room would not be ready. I was doing all the work myself and it was taking a long time, since last Sept. After I got on the reservation list I read "units will ship during the third week in March." I then spent every free minute working on the rooms in the basement.

So it is now the middle of May, everything is set and no electronics. The wife wants to know when she can start watching movies. I'm buying time by not mounting the CRT projector. Outlaw is not making anything easier at home.

So to answer your question, my Kool Aid is amber in color with a frothy head on it.

mj

#37215 - 05/16/02 05:12 PM Re: outlaw frustration
Smart Little Lena Offline
Desperado

Loc: Dallas
I am so today. I just had to send Outlaw an e-mail very possibly ugggg delaying my 950/770 shipment. I leave on a trip the 26th, I was trying to keep my charge cards close to zeroed balance for the trip. (The ship charges everything to your card) SO I mailed Outlaw a check on 5-7 and as of this morning, it still had not posted to my account!!!. Which means unless it posts tonight and Outlaw ships, - something like tommorow, since I picked ground, it will come to my house sitters instead!. (And I don't know if I want that.
Another instance of 'timing is everything'.

#37216 - 05/16/02 09:44 PM Re: outlaw frustration
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Jacket, by no means was I trying to antagonize you, I was simply trying to ease a little tension. Trust me, I know where you stand. It is mind numbing frustration and nobody around you seems to understand except the people on these boards. Its grueling blindly following these unusual methods the Outlaws have chosen to speak to us through and I can't believe I made it. Outlaw should scrap the free cables and just send free t shirts that say "I survived the wait" because thats what it feels like. I don't blame you, or your wife, for wanting to watch movies, that is not uncommon on these threads. I will honestly say, even though never hearing the 49tx, I think you would be making a mistake by not going with the 950, but I wouldnt blame you for going another direction.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 239 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM