Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#37197 - 05/12/02 04:00 AM Re: outlaw frustration
Kevin C Brown Offline
Desperado

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
I wish that the Outlaws would understand the following:

It's OK that the 950 is late. It's OK that there have been some bumps along the way, but also that we appreciate that they have been so honest with us.

But.

If they say they are going to do, or communicate such and such by such and such date, then they should at least say *something* as that date approaches even if it's another delay.

I learned something in business once: you simply cannot over communicate to your customers enough!

KevinVision 7.1 ... New and Improved !!

#37198 - 05/12/02 07:32 AM Re: outlaw frustration
JS Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Olney, MD
Kevin,

Those are my feelings exactly.

#37199 - 05/12/02 11:24 PM Re: outlaw frustration
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
They still haven't sent out the "projected arrival" e-mail yet? That surprises me greatly, becuase they DID promise it twice already. And these promises shouldn't be all that hard to keep; I mean, it's not like they've got DD-EX or dropouts or other problems backing up production anymore. This is just an informational e-mail. Unless their tracking system is totally screwed up...

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

#37200 - 05/12/02 11:45 PM Re: outlaw frustration
Jmac Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: okalhoma city oklahoma
After reading Evan S review on HTF, wherein he performed a not so scientific comparison test of his Anthem AVM-20 with the 950, I plan on waiting on the 950. It seems that two processors sound relatively the same, which for me means a hecka of alot better than my Carver CT-17. Anyone still undecided should read Evans' review on the Home Theater Forum. Thanks to all for your positive input.

#37201 - 05/13/02 12:11 AM Re: outlaw frustration
brianca Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: austin, tx
Most of the mails that I've gotten from the outlaws have arrived around 1:00AM CST, so I still have faith in it showing up overnight tonight.

brianca

#37202 - 05/13/02 09:46 AM Re: outlaw frustration
KE Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Liverpool, NY, USA
JMac : I searchd for Evans comparison between AVM-2 and 950, I could not locate it. Can you put a link here, pleeeeeease.

Thanks.

KE

#37203 - 05/13/02 09:54 AM Re: outlaw frustration
JS Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Olney, MD

#37204 - 05/13/02 11:22 AM Re: outlaw frustration
Steve in Sterling Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Sterling, Va
Add me to the frustrated list!!! And I'm way down the list - ordered in late Feb/early March. When you do all the research and listen to a lot of stuff...you are ready to BUY.

#37205 - 05/13/02 12:26 PM Re: outlaw frustration
jacket_fan Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Atlanta, GA
It's been a couple of days since I last vented, I mean posted. I will admit I have priced a 49TX at a price cheaper than the 950/770 combo. Lots of cool features on it. Reviews are great. Hummmm...

Could I live with myself for buying Japanese?

Will we hear anything soon? Did the latest shipment get stuck in customs? Did the Eastec factory burn down? Is a reprogram of the remote in work?

Scott? Anybody?

mj

#37206 - 05/13/02 07:32 PM Re: outlaw frustration
Jed M Offline
Desperado

Loc: Home on the range
Jacket, I hope you could live with yourself for buying Japanese, they seem like nice people to me. That said, I understand your pain. I truly do. On HTF I remember a thread was started last summer about how it was only 100 days till the 950 shipped. Ugh! That seemed like forever. Then the delays and the delays... Then the night of ordering the 950 I am visiting my parents and their power goes off about 5 minutes before the resevation list began. It was one of those things I can look back on and laugh, but believe me, my parents still wonder about my mental stability after that night. The power came back on and I was about 30 minutes late getting in. I was fine with that because I figured I would easily be in the first shipment. Well that turned out to be wrong and I had to sit and relive the power outage in my head over and over while I read the outlaws were stopping shipment after the first wave to clear up the drop outs. I would have had the outlaw in early april had it not been for KCPL (Kansas City Power and Light). I remember somebody writing that they stumbled upon the Outlaw reservation list about five minutes after it opened. Now, that to me would have been heaven. Get in as early as the original waiters but without all the waiting. In the end, it was a very, very crazy wait but I can not tell you how glad I did not jump on that great deal I could have had on the Onkyo 989. I am sure that this has helped nobody but I never actually "vented" during this saga and I figure now it seems kinda funny since I am not on the end of my rope with anticipation everytime I see the word Outlaw in my email. Trust me, it will come and you will be soooooooo happy you waited. I wish I could make it easier, but I aint giving mine up for anything. Unless you want to start the bidding...

[This message has been edited by Jed M (edited May 13, 2002).]

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 239 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM