I understand and agree with everything that you've said, but I still insist on doing what sounds best to me in my theater. That's the only real gauge I have to go by.

Like I said, I don't think that my Energys can play a 20Hz note, but I don't listen to much music that has a lot of 20Hz tones. I'd rather listen to an acoustic guitar recording that my energys can do quite well using just my mains.

I just wanted to point out that the double bass can be easily heard and measured in my system. I had heard some folks say that they couldn't tell the difference with the sub on or off. I could.

I really appreciate your post. Hopefully, it'll re-enforce that what I've posted is just my opinion about what I hear. Hopefully, everyone will listen and decide for themselves.

Also, I tried to point out that the 950 was rarely harsh. It's usually just bright or forward. There are still passages that I hear that I would consider harsh to me.

I also posted that it had grown on me with more listening as you suggested, but I have a limited time to grow used to it before I have to fish or cut bait.

brianca..

[This message has been edited by brianca (edited May 29, 2002).]