Don't get me wrong. I'm on the list for the 950. I'll probably pull the Tivo out of the theater because of the volume difference between it and the other sources. It really is a problem if I set them all to flat gain and switch back and forth. I was just surprised to hear you say that you didn't want the feature. I thought that's what you meant.

I think maybe you're misunderstanding the issue I have. It's not that I don't want to change the volume when listening to a source. There is no perfect volume. But volume -20 is about 4db quieter on my tivo than on my other components. With the B&K that I just sold, I could set the Tivo input to be +4db compared to everything else at the same volume, not to go to -25 whenever I switched to it. That way if I was watching the Tivo loudly and switched to SAT, I stayed to the same volume instead of getting a 4db boost.

Agreed that it's not a deal killer for most folks, even me, and I use it on my current system. As long as it sounds a good as advertised, I'm in.

brianca...

[This message has been edited by brianca (edited February 27, 2002).]