I'm not sure how the DT's compare with the ACI's. Many people seem to like the ACI's though. I must admit, I didn't really compare the 2000's with many other speakers. I bought some DT BP10's about 8 years ago and have been very happy with them. Believe it or not I've been happy with the sound quality and the sound stage (bi-polar) just using two speakers. I know I have been missing a lot, especially since the advent of DD and DTS ect. I'm finally ready to take the full surround sound plunge!!! Hence, my interest in the 950 and outlaw amp combo. Needing more bass and more speakers (10's going to the rear) I ordered the 2000's along with a matching center channel. I feel like I got a decent "deal" on the speakers, 30% off list. I was happy with the non-powered 10's and have very high expectations for the 2000's, as I have not heard them in my room yet. After I decide (and purchase) the "components" that will actually drive the speakers (and my bank account fills back up) I'll add some side speakers for 7.1. My impression is that the outlaw products will have outstanding performance and a great price! Now to the matter of speaker wire length. . .