No doubt I will need to experiment with this setup as I have not tried it yet. One of the things I do not like when I have the center channel speaker on top of the TV, is when you get the side to side sweeps I get this effect of the sound starting low on the side, swooping up to the center, and then coming down again. My front side speakers are floor standing JBL L5s. My center (if I choose to use as such) is a Boston Accoustics VR12. I have four L5s so I thought I would use the other two for a dual center channel and that way keep the sound in front level, and actually horizontally more even with the picture (in addition with the VR12 center on top is actually above listening level). On the downside the JBL L5s are rated 6ohms I believe so that will be a load if I run the dual center speakers off a single amp channel. Then I was thinking about getting another VR12 and setting the two of those up as rear surrounds. Kindof an unusual setup I guess but my room is not that big and I need to keep the back of the room open. You see the JBLs want to sit out about three feet from the wall to sound right. So another consideration, for the rears, I am wanting to go with something I can hang on the wall or a shelf, and get away from the floor standing L5s.