Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#3576 - 02/02/03 12:47 PM No Sound
SnorterLuster Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Attached is a copy of a note I sent to Scott this morning. I expect he will reply Monday, but I thought one of you might have an idea on what might be going wrong in the meantime. I hate to send the unit back if it is my own stupidity that is causing the problem, plus the thought of carrying this heavy sucker back to UPS doesn't exactly thrill me. Anyway, any ideas would be welcome.

"I received my Model 1050 and hooked it up yesterday. It worked for about six hours before all sound ceased. The test tone would not even work--the display would display (L) and never move or play a tone. It didn't matter what component I tried to use- including the tuner--there was no sound. I messed with the connections, remote and the console controls and nothing would restore sound. A couple of times, the sound would come on for a "moved" component using the digital connections. It would seem to hold until I changed components. For instance, I moved the DVD connection from composite digital to a toslink and it worked. I then switched to tuner and the sound quit, even when I went back to DVD. From 6 pm to 10 pm, I probably got the receiver to run for 20
minutes.

This morning, it fired right up on tuner. I switched to VCR-Video one analog-(I am using for access to my local TV channels) and it worked fine. I then switched to satellite-Video two digital and the sound played for approx. 5 minutes and then quit. Leaving it alone, it came back on in 10 minutes or so. I then switched back to VCR and there was no sound. After just a couple of minutes the sound came on and has been working for about 20 minutes.

To summarize as the best as I can, all functions of the tuner seem to work except there is no sound. The problem at this point is intermittent. I can not duplicate the problem with any certainty by switching components or by not switching components. More often than not, switching seems to cause the problem, but not always. When the
sound goes off, no component, including the built in tuner, works. I am assuming that heat may be a problem since it first showed up after the receiver had been on for six hours.

Unless you have some idea on why this is occuring, I need the shipping instructions for returning the unit for replacement."

------------------
Boomer Sooner!

#3577 - 02/02/03 02:42 PM Re: No Sound
Jason J Offline
Desperado

Loc: Northern Garden State
The correct move is to contact Outlaw at this point. The only thing that crosses my mind besides an internal problem would be that you have your speaker wires touching at some point and it's sending the 1050 into protection. Check all of your speaker connections, on the amp and on the speakers.

Good luck. I'm sure the Outlaw's will be able to help you!

Who's Online
0 registered (), 356 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM