Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#3517 - 01/17/03 03:18 PM Manually selecting DTS input?
dantethedog Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Can I manually change the Outlaw to select DTS input from a dvd source?

The reason I ask is that I have been experimenting with DTS audio CDs(CDRS). In some cases the Outlaw recognizes the dts signal right away, but on some it does not an I cannot listen to thoses cds. Unless, I first put one in the dvd player the Outlaw recognizes then switch cds, then it plays find. (This can be a pain in the ass).

I love my outlaw 1050. I read the manual and couldn't figure out if manually changing the input to dts was possible.

any help would be appreciated. By the way I highly recommend dts audio cds the sound is amazing with from the Outlaw and my Klipsh speakers.

#3518 - 01/17/03 04:44 PM Re: Manually selecting DTS input?
charlie Offline
Desperado

I'm not sure what a DTS audio CD is, but it should be a matter of selecting the DTS bitstream on the player - the 1050 should lock on automatically if a properly formated bitstream is presented to the digital input.

#3519 - 01/21/03 12:11 PM Re: Manually selecting DTS input?
Matthew Hill Offline
Desperado

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
A DTS CD is a CD that has a DTS bitstream on it instead of PCM audio data. If you try to play one in an ordinary CD player, it will sound like static. You need a CD player with a digital out to a DTS decoder. The 950 will recoginze the signal just as if it had come from a DVD player.

They're pretty neat, in that they give you some of the benefits of DVD/A but with your existing equipment. Just be careful not to put one in your car's dash. :-)

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net

Who's Online
0 registered (), 166 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
M.Yu 1
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,328 Topics
98,694 Posts

Most users ever online: 542 @ 06/25/24 03:13 AM