Quote:
Originally posted by gonk:
Strange... Are any other analog inputs similarly weak? Is it a stereo (Hi-Fi) VCR -- left and right audio outputs -- or a mono VCR with a single "audio" output? If it is not stereo, you may have a bad splitter or something else causing some problems. It wouldn't hurt to check the connections and maybe swap out your audio cable with one that you have used successfully with some other source.

It's a stereo VCR - 4 yrs old SONY. I'll try swapping cables later in the day.

As for the CATV/VCR/TV, I'm still not clear about this:

Quote:
Originally posted by gonk:
Some cable boxes do not have A/V outputs (they only have RF coax in and out), making it impossible to directly connect them to a receiver. By connecting them to the VCR before going to the TV, you can use the VCR's audio outputs to connect to the 1050. If you have A/V outputs on the cable box (as is true in your case), it's just as easy to go directly from the cable box to the 1050.

Even if the cable box doesn't have A/V outputs, why can't you just plug the coax from the cable box into the TV and then plug the audio outputs from the TV into the 1050? Why involve the VCR at all?

Thanks for the info on VIDEO inputs into the 1050. I do agree that the auto switching is a convenience but I'll achieve that convenience with the MX-500 remote, using macros. So, I think I'm going to leave the video out of the 1050.