Yes I did bring up cable routing and its interaction with cable (IC and power) length. In my case routing the bundled power cables away from the IC's reduced my noise problems, but did not eliminate them. After I modified the power cords to length, the problem was eliminated. I attribute that to a combination of not having the power cords in tight looped bundles as well as better shielding and grounding in my home made power cables.

When I replaced my power cables I was amazed at the cheap construction and small wire gauge in the power cords of some of my components. Others looked much better and probably only needed trimming as Soundhound recommended. I am also a fan of using hospital grade connectors because they seem a lot more solid when you plug them in.

BTW I am not suggesting megabuck power cords here. I now use some quail hospital grade 14 gauge cords. They are terminated on the wall outlet side but unterminated at the component/iec side. I then trim them to length and fit them with a nice Wattgate IEC from parts express. Cable cost about $10, IEC connector about $20.

I am also a firm believer in using good connectors for both power and IC cables. I am very fond of Canare true 75 Ohm connectors for both audio and video cables.

[This message has been edited by morphsci (edited January 18, 2003).]