Raider,

I got my lfm about five days ago so I'm new to this too. Since the phase switch has only two positions try both with some bass heavy music playing. One position will have more output. That's the one you want to use. The manual suggest setting the volume control to 5. Obviously, it seems to me that you've got to use the (Avia?) test disc and the RS sound level meter to truly set the level of all six speakers. (There's some sort of mathematical adjustment you must make outlined in the manual. I'll get to it eventually!) I spoke to an Outlaw (I think Scott) who recommended putting the bypass switch on and using the crossover control in my 950. Since I'm running ballsy Mackie monitors he suggested 60 hz with all speakers set to Large and subwoofer on, of course. Here's a problem I didn't anticipate: while listening to this wild quadraphonic E Power Biggs organ SACD when he hit the lowest pedal things in my ht room started to sympathetically vibrate. If you hit the button toward the lower left of the toggle control on the remote you can (temporarily) adjust the relative level of any speaker. I had to bring the lfm way down. It's time to start fastening things down! BTW, the Beck SACD is a very musical, true 5.1 recording with unique material in each speaker. IOW, I think he mixed it for 5.1 initially.
Does any of this help?

Jay