Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#3448 - 01/12/03 10:02 PM How are Outlaw cables?
greg928s4 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Fairfield, Me. USA
I read about the Outlaw RCA cables and the special copper and all that. But I find it's impossible to know just how one cable compares to another. It's not like amplifiers or something where you can use the specifications, power, THD, etc... to compare. How does one compare price and performance of cables? The Outlaw cables look very nice, but how do I know that they are any better than $10 cables that I buy at Circuit City? I mean really! Greg

#3449 - 01/12/03 11:39 PM Re: How are Outlaw cables?
gonk Offline
Desperado

Loc: Memphis, TN USA
Some people can't hear any difference between $5 cables and high-end $500/meter "boutique" cables. Personally, I compared several different brands a little over a year ago -- BetterCables premium and Silver Serpent, Outlaw, TMC Yellow and White Label, and a borrowed Magnan Vi. The Outlaws were excellent, better to my ear and on my equipment than the others except perhaps the TMC Yellows. They're a very good value.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review

#3450 - 01/14/03 09:18 AM Re: How are Outlaw cables?
LarryTT Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Long Island, NY
Greg:

I don't know how the Outlaw cables compare to my Acoustic Research cables. But I bought an Outlaw PDO cable and was thoroughly impressed. The construction of the cable itself, as well as the very surprising heavy plastic zip-lock bag was very nice. The cable snaps in with a nice solid click and has been perfect since.

I don't have the type of money where I can go out and do back to back testing of cables. That's what my friends are for. lol Some of them are heavily into A/V gear and compare stuff all of the time. One of my friends might be building his own stuff. He already built his own power cords for his tube amps and you can hear a slight difference with that. Yes, I heard it too. Did a blind test to compare.

I don't think you will go wrong buying the Outlaw cables, but if you are talking about spending $10 on a set of Monster Cables, don't. They do sound bad. That much I have compared.

Larry

#3451 - 01/14/03 03:14 PM Re: How are Outlaw cables?
urbnwndsfr Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Agree w/ gonk and LarryTT, the PDO cables are excellent quality (and a great price, too.)

The PSC are awesome as well -- for now I have the DVD composite video output going to an old Toshiba CF2668B TV (no component video or S-video), but I couldn't believe the dramatic improvement in picture quality: fine picture details and subtle color tones appeared for the first time.

I believe the better shielding in the PSC, plus the pure silver conductor, really enabled those high frequency video components to finally come through distortion free.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 210 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jamescuz, Zilla8d3, waferman, picnicjc, Hedoboy
8709 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Forum Stats
8,709 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,327 Topics
98,693 Posts

Most users ever online: 476 @ 12/28/22 08:54 PM