Outlaw Audio home shop products hideout news support about
Topic Options
#3444 - 01/12/03 05:34 PM ?'s about purchasing 1050, please help
greg928s4 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Fairfield, Me. USA
I have a few questions for those in the know on this board. I appreciate any input you may have.

Can I run the 1050 as a 5 channel unit without using the 6th channel? I currently have 5 speaker locations without the ability to have 6 right now. This won't change for a few years.

Does the 1050 have on screen menu’s? What is it like to set one of these up? How do you balance the speaker levels? Is there a test tone? Is it automatic?

Am I likely to have problems with a B stock unit and should I just get an A stock?

Where is this unit manufactured? Is this considered American electronics like Harmon Kardon is?

Thanks,
Greg

#3445 - 01/12/03 07:41 PM Re: ?'s about purchasing 1050, please help
morphsci Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: Charleston, IL, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by greg928s4:
I have a few questions for those in the know on this board. I appreciate any input you may have.

Can I run the 1050 as a 5 channel unit without using the 6th channel? I currently have 5 speaker locations without the ability to have 6 right now. This won't change for a few years.

Yes you can. that is how I run it and am very pleased.

Quote:
Does the 1050 have on screen menu’s? What is it like to set one of these up? How do you balance the speaker levels? Is there a test tone? Is it automatic?

No OSD. Very easy set up. I use the sound and vision disk to set up DD and DTS and my SACD player test tones for SACD. The speaker levels are set up by adjusting the Mains level and then trimming the center and surrounds to matching levels. Not automatic but very easy.

Quote:
Am I likely to have problems with a B stock unit and should I just get an A stock?

I actually bought a used unit and have had no problems. You still get the same warranty and return policy with the B-Stock so I see little problem there.

Quote:
Where is this unit manufactured? Is this considered American electronics like Harmon Kardon is?

Not sure on this one but I think it is manufactured in Asia.

[This message has been edited by morphsci (edited January 12, 2003).]

#3446 - 01/12/03 08:00 PM Re: ?'s about purchasing 1050, please help
HI-FI Offline
Gunslinger

Loc: augusta, GA
Hear! Hear!, come on in, I just got mine the other day, (new stock) and it is great! Better than most receivers under 2K..It's sounds like alot more than 65 watts

#3447 - 01/12/03 09:58 PM Re: ?'s about purchasing 1050, please help
greg928s4 Offline
Deputy Gunslinger

Loc: Fairfield, Me. USA
Thank you both for your input. I actually just bought a used Onkyo TX-DS595 for $240. It happened quicker than I thought and I think this unit will serve me well.

I will keep the info on Outlaw on file though for future reference. This seems like a really cool company making some very nice stuff. I like their approach to selling on line, very smart.

Greg

Who's Online
0 registered (), 442 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
REP, caffeinated, WooWho, Ali, garyedward
8714 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
butchgo 1
Veeper 1
Forum Stats
8,714 Registered Members
88 Forums
11,330 Topics
98,700 Posts