Steve

Before I switched to the 950/7100 combo, I was running my PSB speakers off of a Yamaha RX-V3200. The 3200 had plenty of power (110watts/channel) to drive the PSB Image series home theater speakers. However, with the swith to the 950/7100 combo, there was more punch and clarity to the movies we were watching. Even the wife, who usually does not notice any changes in the system, commented that there was greater clarity and punch with the new combo. Hope this helps.
Regards,
TCIII

PS: I have two 120mm cooling fans blowing air up through the bottom of the 7100. They are thermostatically controlled to come on at about 80 degrees F. They seldom come on unless there is a lot of high level bass or loud explosions on the sound track. If your 7100 is getting hot enough to burn your hand, then you either have very inefficient speakers, not enough cooling air, or there is something wrong with your 7100.
Regards,
TCIII
------------------
If you are going to send someone to save the world, you better make sure they like it the way it is.

[This message has been edited by TCIII (edited September 24, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by TCIII (edited September 24, 2003).]